The Clearout begins

Grasshopper

46 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Now we have the main problems sorted, GK RB & CM's, Who are we likely to clearout?

I'd go with

Gollini - eventual sale during/after loan

Bunn - Bench till Out of contract

Hutton - train with U23 till OoC

Richards - give away/payoff

Elphick - Bench till Hull/S'land relegated then they buy

Ally - Sell/loan to OoC

Amavi - Last chance to prove himself

Bacuna - Bench till sold

Westwood - U23 -> Out asap - Give away/payoff

Gardner - come on Forest you know you want to

Jedi - see Elphick

McC - if true -> sell

Ayew - Last chance to prove himself/Anything over 8Mill sell

Kozak - send get well soon card with P45 in May

Gaby -

1) Give away = wont go

2) Payoff = wont take it

3) Buy him a Hor-house in Walsall with a built in Kebab/Shisha-bar, day Center for the kids & Pay Walsall to take him off our hands

I think we'd regret letting Gollini go long term, I think he could end up being a very good keeper indeed. The Westwood and Gardner comments are harsh, Gardner may turn into a player still, training and playing with better players might really spur him on. Westwood just keeping it simple and giving it to Hourihane to do the creative work could be an asset, especially in a midfield 5 to dominate possession away from Villa Park. Same could be said for Jedinak, he clearly needs an easy outball to not be a liability, he can win it well enough so in a 5 he could be handy. 

6 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

This is how I see it.  The cut off line marks what I think is the appropriate limit for that position within a 25 man squad.  Obviously under 21 age players are unlimited, but I've added the best in each position to help complete the picture and illustrate how healthy we are in each area (whether RHM applies you be the judge).

Midfield and arguably our defence are healthy now.  GK position is ok until the summer but we could do with adding a couple of striking options before the end of the window for me.

v2.jpg

^^^^^^^^

What he said  (was just about to post similar diagram) 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

This is how I see it.  The cut off line marks what I think is the appropriate limit for that position within a 25 man squad.  Obviously under 21 age players are unlimited, but I've added the best in each position to help complete the picture and illustrate how healthy we are in each area (whether RHM applies you be the judge).

Midfield and arguably our defence are healthy now.  GK position is ok until the summer but we could do with adding a couple of striking options before the end of the window for me.

v2.jpg

All I really would change is Bacuna to orange then red can also double up as 'transfer listed' and orange can double up as 'available' ;)

Title of this thread is misleading.  I got all overexcited thinking some of the rubbish had been moved on. Imagine my disappointment at learning its just speculation about maybe we can now think about some going. 

Anyway,  here's hoping we are bracing ourselves for bids soon. 

• Like 1

Does any other team have as much trouble as us in getting rid of players as well. We always seem to have a load of deadwood hanging around. Kozak as an example.  Have we really been unable to move him on yet. 

And even players like Vertout,  Gill,  Sanchez. They surely have some kind of worth in global football.  Why are they on loan only and not sold? 

OK we overpaid on wages but we also had relegation clauses as well. 

I don't recall having so much dead wood in years gone by and can't think other comparable clubs have so many players they can't get rid of. 

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I don't recall having so much dead wood in years gone by and can't think other comparable clubs have so many players they can't get rid of. 

Honestly I think it is the same at virtually every club. Of the players you mention, only Veretout was a relatively expensive purchase. The others cost a few million each.

It is a symbol of our downfall that we view a £4m mistake as a big error in judgement.

Minus the players on loan I see Bunn, Richards (hopefully), possibly Hutton, Westwood, Tishbola, Jedinak, Bacuna, Ayew, Mccormack,Kozak, and possibly Gabby, all leaving by September this year. We don't want him to go but Chester could well go to a premier league club if they bid around the 15 mil mark.

12 hours ago, bobzy said:

We sign one right back and you want to bin off our current right back, left back, central defence cover and whatever Micah Richards is?

OK :detect: 

it doesnt matter where he plays its good to bin him off ;)

13 hours ago, Fowlersrs said:

What has Hutton done to warrant u23 training. He's great back up. 

In a fight - yes

As an Aston Villa player - no

He's borderline inept, I said it in the summer but I'm happy to see the back of every single player who has been here for longer than a year as a first team player; Hutton, Agbonlahor, Westwood, Kozak, Richards, Bunn, the various players out on loan and Jack Grealish.

They all represent the problem and not the solution for me, I'm sure many will go on to achieve better things in their careers but it won't be here.

12 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Westwood or Gardner - Of the two I would probably keep Westwood, in the short term. He's not very good no, but Gardner is worse. I don't see much value in us shipping them both out at this stage. I think 5 centre mid's is the bare minimum we should have on the books. Eventually, they both have to go. I've seen enough. 

I'll reserve judgement until I see Gardner play alongside someone who isn't Westwood. 

8 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

In a fight - yes

As an Aston Villa player - no

He's borderline inept, I said it in the summer but I'm happy to see the back of every single player who has been here for longer than a year as a first team player; Hutton, Agbonlahor, Westwood, Kozak, Richards, Bunn, the various players out on loan and Jack Grealish.

They all represent the problem and not the solution for me, I'm sure many will go on to achieve better things in their careers but it won't be here.

Echo's my sentiment, too.

Edited by TRO

22 hours ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

v2.jpg

If you're going to be so brazen as to quite literally steal my diagram and post it as your own, the least you could do is send me a thank you card.

Fans these days, unbelievable.

I think a lot depends on what division we're playing in next season, although it looks increasingly like it's going to be another season in the Championship so...

Players like Gil and Veretout won't/don't want Championship football so will probably leave. Sanchez has had a decent start to his loan at Fiorentina so they may decide to make his loan permanent and the same with Cissokho at Olympiacos. While Gollini will most likely engineer a way back to Italy.

Hutton, Bunn and Kozak are out of contract in the summer anyway and I'm pretty sure we can find buyers for Ayew, Elphic, Westwood and McCormack.

So we're only really stuck with Ricahrds and Gabby.

Edited by Supervillan78

Â