The Clearout begins

Grasshopper

Now we have the main problems sorted, GK RB & CM's, Who are we likely to clearout?

I'd go with

Gollini - eventual sale during/after loan

Bunn - Bench till Out of contract

Hutton - train with U23 till OoC

Richards - give away/payoff

Elphick - Bench till Hull/S'land relegated then they buy

Ally - Sell/loan to OoC

Amavi - Last chance to prove himself

Bacuna - Bench till sold

Westwood - U23 -> Out asap - Give away/payoff

Gardner - come on Forest you know you want to

Jedi - see Elphick

McC - if true -> sell

Ayew - Last chance to prove himself/Anything over 8Mill sell

Kozak - send get well soon card with P45 in May

Gaby -

1) Give away = wont go

2) Payoff = wont take it

3) Buy him a Hor-house in Walsall with a built in Kebab/Shisha-bar, day Center for the kids & Pay Walsall to take him off our hands

Edited by Grasshopper
Ally added - forgot him - how could I
  • Like 3

I think Ayew will go for decent money and Gardner and Westwood could attract bids of a couple of million.  Hutton should run down his contract and go when De Laet is fit again.  Gabby nobody will touch, Richards will probably run down his contract then retire, I think McCormack we will have to take a big loss on but will have a buyer out there.  Still going to be stuck with some shite unfortunately.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Hutton - train with U23 till OoC  

Only in emergency

OoC in summer - Have Bree & RDL (Bacuna too)

Richards - give/payoff  

total shite

see Elphick

Elphick - Bench till Hull/S'land relegated then they buy 

Please read ^

Amavi - Last chance to prove himself

Please read ^

Get rid of gardwood for the love of God. 

For me either this window or next elphick Richards gabby gardwood would be more options to be sold (Hutton and kozak will be released)

EDIT forgot that fat oaf McCormack too

Edited by Demitri_C

Realistically we should be looking to offload Richards, Westwood, McCormack, Kozak

Gollini & Cissokho are on loan, we can sell them come the summer

Gabby as we all know won't be leaving Villa of his own accord, Bruce seem's to like him and we are short of strikers...

Hutton, Elphick, Gardner, Jedinak, Bacuna are all fine as cover for the first team this season

Amavi?! Come off it

Ayew can go if we need the money for a replacement, but otherwise we might as well keep hold of him and see how he gets on with a better team around him

• Like 2

The need for us to sort out the GK position in the summer is glaringly obvious. Seems Johnstone is what we've got and Bunn will be back up until the summer. I liked the links to Smithies FWIW.

Defensively we're getting there but with RDL's injury we have to assume Hutton will be Bree's back up until his contract expires and RDL returns.Elphick is the only back up for Baker and Chester. Amavi doesn't have any cover. Maybe Calder is ready to do that. Maybe we're looking at Left Backs. Maybe he thinks Bacuna is adequate or Hutton could cover there. I don't. We all agree Richards isn't worth counting right?

In midfield I'm assuming Bjarnason will be out on the left with Green being cover and on the right Adomah or Bacuna

Got to assume Hourihane / Lansbury / Jedinak are the main 3 for the middle so who stays as back up from the rest? Gardner, Tish, Westwood, Lyden, (Veretout, Sanchez, Gil), Grealish? Either way far too many Central Midfielders.

Do we count number 10 as a position so Grealish has somewhere to go? I think so coz Bruce may well use him in a 4-4-1-1 type 4-4-2

Up front I only really rate Kodjia / I'm resigned to 18 months of Gabby / Ayew is meh along with McCormack and Kozak is surely going to be allowed to move on.

I want people like Bacuna to be a long distant memory but the squad is starting to look balanced again for the first time in ages. It's not there yet. In short sell some Central Midfielders. If we can move some of the strikers that aren't Kodjia on somewhere then great as we need better options up front. After that Left Back looks particularly thin on the ground and Amavi has said he'll stay for the season so I assume he may well be sold in the summer. Centre Back looks thin especially considering Baker's injury proneness. As things stand maybe 2 CM's go somewhere even on loan. The clearout in the Summer is going to have to be huge though.

• Like 1

The Clearout Begins?

We are in a constant clearout for the last few seasons.

Gollini, Amavi, Bacuna or Ayew? What have they done to merit contemplating getting rid?

As much as I appreciate the criticism of the current squad, I honestly do not think it is a problem; in fact, adding strength to the midfield has put us in a comfortable squad situation. Taking away Newcastle, is there a better squad in the Championship? And when you put teams like Sunderland or Hull in to the equation, is our squad any worse? 

Maybe we get them organised and playing together like a real team? 

• Like 2

To be fair.. in the long run if we are to be in the premier league.. all those mentioned in the OP should be gone. Current top 15 players should be squad players with a whole new 11 again of higher quality to compete in the Premier League. Anyway thats the long run. Lets get there first.. some of those names are still needed until we get there. 

• Like 1

Â