Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

3 hours ago, guyavfc said:

Completely disagree. He absolutely bossed the midfield today. 

Easy now, he's willing and can run for miles does 90% of his work really well but the other 10% is like he's had crack and acid blasted up his hoo-hah, there was soem stuff today that defied any kind of rational explanation. He's either totally out of his mind at times or suffers from natural hallucinations, it's the only way to explain players that for the rest of us are clearly wearing Swansea shirts in his mind wearing claret and blue and looking like teammate of his. Or wide open grass looking like it's actually got Abraham/Bolasie/Kodija or Grealish in it.

TBH, as much as I like Thor and his work ethic, his position is the weakest in our midfield right now and I can see us bringing in a starting player this summer to fill that ball winning role.  Birkir would struggle if he didn't have McMilner next to him in the midfield.  With McGinn out next match, it will expose just how fragile we are in the center of the park.

8 hours ago, KMitch said:

TBH, as much as I like Thor and his work ethic, his position is the weakest in our midfield right now and I can see us bringing in a starting player this summer to fill that ball winning role.  Birkir would struggle if he didn't have McMilner next to him in the midfield.  With McGinn out next match, it will expose just how fragile we are in the center of the park.

This. The most obvious position in our team that needs strengthening except the centerback position. 

I like the idea of somebody like Selnæs in the Norwegian national side. 

Thought we looked alot worse when he went off.

He's like an unsung hero, you don't really pay attention to his performance but the work he put in is so important. Gotta be a nightmare to play against, constantly in your face trying to break up the play.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 2

I dont like winger thor i like centre mid thor its like two diferent players.I realy think we have a solid player in midfield with improvement in certain areas premier league player.

As a winger rushed decisions, lacks composure, lacks awarenes from behind, cant pull flicks or skills, trying to pull flicks or skills frequently.

As midfield composed, brings composure calmness in midfield, good awarenes, can win ball on the feet,good consistent ball distribution in the sides left and right, workhorse, good positioning without ball, consistent.

Needs improvement in tackling, distributing more offensive balls or moving ball forward, heading department (dont think its posible).

Dean likes to control ball and i think thor is perfect for that playing style and i think  Dean knows it and he will play thor alot. If we coming to match to dominate and control game thor is perfect for that. 

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Thought we looked alot worse when he went off.

He's like an unsung hero, you don't really pay attention to his performance but the work he put in is so important. Gotta be a nightmare to play against, constantly in your face trying to break up the play.

we were on top in control most of first half, he went off we really struggled

• Like 1

Miles better than whelan because he can actually move and get about the pitch. Don't get me wrong he's still nothing special but we sorely need his energy in midfield. Jedinak and whelan play the game in slow motion. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Question.

Would you consider him in a left back role?

Surely he could do better than Taylor until the transfer window opens?

Definitely not.

Hutton is the best option we have at left back until January. Elmo at right back (although if Bree gets a run there, I can live with that).

Thor should only play in that holding role, which he’s slowly but surely making himself the first choice for that position.

BB has played left back before and been absolutely dreadful. In fact he's played a lot of positions for us and been dreadful.

That central midfield role is the only time he ever looks decent, so if he plays, he should play there.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Yeah, i actually think the Thor/Mcginn pairing in the middle is well balanced and they fit the system well imo.

Any news on Thor's injury?

I don't. They offer no protection to the back 4 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Not to mention physical presence, we miss him when he doesn’t play in my opinion 

We look vulnerable on set pieces. McGinn, Hourihane, Bjarnasson and Grealish are lightweight. The midfield is powder puff without Jedinak.

• Like 1

Â