Barney_avfc

Birkir Bjarnason

If we can get anywhere near 5mil for him, we've got an absolutely excellent deal. Sell him ASAP. 

sorry for the upping, but has he actually left? He's not been in the pre-season games has he?

5 minutes ago, Rodders said:

sorry for the upping, but has he actually left? He's not been in the pre-season games has he?

World Cup - late return?

8 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Yes, he played in Germany, as did Jedi

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, blandy said:

World Cup - late return?

ah yes, and I was also just puzzled / hoping we'd have heard more of this '£5mil' bid, which sadly hasn't transpired!

I guess the 5m bid was complete BS then.

Would much rather lose Jedinak & Whelan, aging, unreliable players on big wages.

I'm glad he's still here. Although I'm also surprised we've not had any offers for him. Glad, but surprised.

I like birkir. But pointless him being here, Bruce will always play a holding player who is over 30 and shit rather than him. He will pick grealish hourihane (regardless of form) and one from jedi or Whelan.

Shame as we a much better side with him in and jack really pushes on

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ramshackler said:

I like birkir. But pointless him being here, Bruce will always play a holding player who is over 30 and shit rather than him. He will pick grealish hourihane (regardless of form) and one from jedi or Whelan.

Bjarnason played 25 times for us in the league last season and that was with a couple of injuries. Bjarnason is basically a starter, or first sub off the bench. He played a lot of matches at CM with Hourihane. Plus with Jedinak seen as a center back now, that leaves us only with Whelan to play the DM role. Birkir will get plenty of minutes this season for him to prove himself. 

8 hours ago, ramshackler said:

He turned 30 before World Cup so might think he will get more game time ;)

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looked stifled in a DM role today.  Would rather see him with the opportunity to stretch his legs more.  As evidenced by his impact when he was finally allowed to go forward.

• Like 1

Anonymous the entire game.

Didn't know he was playing till he scored the winner.

• Like 1

Summed him up as a player today. Has no business playing in a defensive role as he  can't do it but is an attacking option/threat. 

• Like 1

On 31/07/2018 at 11:21, Rodders said:

sorry for the upping, but has he actually left? 

No...... No he hasn't left ?

• Haha 1

I’d play diamond formation, which would include, Jack, John, Connor and Thor.

We certainly lack wingers, for now I’d play these 4 with Kodjia and one of (Green, Adomah, RHM) in a forward two.

• Like 1

First time I've seen The Iceman lose his cool when scoring it's odd seeing him animated! 

He plays left mid for Iceland and looks good there. Since we have a plethora of CMs, I'd rather see Thor on the wing. 

Â