Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Rodders said:

sorry for the upping, but has he actually left? He's not been in the pre-season games has he?

Yes, he played in Germany, as did Jedi

• Thanks 1

I like birkir. But pointless him being here, Bruce will always play a holding player who is over 30 and shit rather than him. He will pick grealish hourihane (regardless of form) and one from jedi or Whelan.

Shame as we a much better side with him in and jack really pushes on

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ramshackler said:

I like birkir. But pointless him being here, Bruce will always play a holding player who is over 30 and shit rather than him. He will pick grealish hourihane (regardless of form) and one from jedi or Whelan.

Bjarnason played 25 times for us in the league last season and that was with a couple of injuries. Bjarnason is basically a starter, or first sub off the bench. He played a lot of matches at CM with Hourihane. Plus with Jedinak seen as a center back now, that leaves us only with Whelan to play the DM role. Birkir will get plenty of minutes this season for him to prove himself. 

8 hours ago, ramshackler said:

He turned 30 before World Cup so might think he will get more game time ;)

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â