Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

10 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Huth?

I don't watch players of other clubs enough to know their consistency levels.

maybe Sean Morrison/Sol Bamba  of Cardiff.....they may want to upgrade.

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

From what I saw last season the Championship is full of them. 

I wonder why?

Cardiff had 2

Leeds had 2..... the season before last.

Edited by TRO

If we can offload Jedi and Whelan id be pretty happy with a midfield 3 of Thor, Hourihane and Lansbury. (Or Jack if he stays). At championship level that's definitely strong enough.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Worst player on the pitch so far today though

Glen hoddle thinks he is playing well......against, world class opposition.

fascinating how opinions differ.

Iceland deserve to get **** up sooner or later. They get to the biggest stage in world football and they put 11 men behind the ball. Cynical, sly digs off the ball. Yes they have a system, a structure yada yada but as soon as this dross is eliminated the better. Argentina have actually been pretty decent and will get more joy i reckon against croatia and nigeria because they try and play.

7 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Iceland deserve to get **** up sooner or later. They get to the biggest stage in world football and they put 11 men behind the ball. Cynical, sly digs off the ball. Yes they have a system, a structure yada yada but as soon as this dross is eliminated the better. Argentina have actually been pretty decent and will get more joy i reckon against croatia and nigeria because they try and play.

Why would Iceland play attacking against Argentina???!!! As the weaker team of course you’d be cautious and use your strength and physicality. It’d be suicide any other way. 

Its not attractive but now and again a defensive display should be praised. It is just as disciplined and requires more concentration. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, smg said:

It's a World Cup and they have every right to be there. It's up to the bigger 'better' teams to come up with ways to beat them if they can't tough.

Of course they have. The topped a group in qualifying with croatia and ukraine in it. No mean feat that. And im not naive enough to think that they'll suddenly start playing tika taka football. They didnt in qualifying. Dont have the personnell . However from an entertainment point of view its shite and i hope they get eliminated. Iceland though arent their to serve some guy in irelands entertainment needs. Not in their remit. They've got a point. Teams with width will surely expose them. Argentina were so narrow and unbelievably never changed their approach.

Â