Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Hourihane hasn't been that good over the two legsif Bjarnason is to come in it would be for him, no way is Jedinak getting dropped.

I thought he had a great game at VP, full of energy and getting forwards as well as tracking back. Bruce will keep it the same IMO.

1 hour ago, vreitti said:

Zero chance of Thor starting ahead of Jedinak on current form, but I wouldn't be too surprised to see him there instead of Hourihane.

I think he will stick with Jed to deal with Mitrovic......But I really like Thor.

I think he will start with the same 11 he did on Tuesday, but I also think the subs will play an equally crucial role.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Hourihane hasn't been that good over the two legs, if Bjarnason is to come in it would be for him, no way is Jedinak getting dropped.

I don't think you watched either of our playoff matches if you think this.

• 2 weeks later...

I think he will have a big role to play next season. Jedinak and Whelan are both on large wages especially Jedinak. Thor proved he can play DM in this league, so hopefully he can continue to get better in that role. 

Still cant understand how he did not start against Fulham, Jedinak works agains "tall" teams. to defent against ariel threats and set pieces. Bjarnason is our only midfielder that could have kept up with the Fulham midfielders and pressured them. Will be sad if he leaves this summer, but cant blame him, as he has been treated poorly in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Yeah he is probably one of only few players on the books we can sell and will have takers

And probably one of the only ones we should keep, for that very same reason.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Could do with having the sort of World Cup that makes team owners around the world wonder who he plays for and how much they can buy him for. Good Luck BB.

Under our best run of the season (7 games unbeaten) he was instrumental as the regular CDM. He got injured for a couple of games and then never featured there again for the rest of the season. Bizarrely he only came on as a sub on the left wing.

It was baffling to me. OK he didn't win headers like Mile or break up play as much as Whelan and sure, he a had a mistake in him every now and again - but who doesn't at this level? Overall I think the team played it's best football with his energy & movement in the middle.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He is a 30 year old Serie B/Championship utility man. He could win the golden boot and not too many people will come knocking. Would be more than happy for him to stay regardless, I IMAGINE he isn't on stupid wages.

Salif Diao got a 5 million transfer to Liverpool from a World Cup. Keep the faith ;)

• Like 2

On 17/05/2018 at 15:00, vreitti said:

Zero chance of Thor starting ahead of Jedinak on current form, but I wouldn't be too surprised to see him there instead of Hourihane.

If we can find a powerful and dominating in the air centre back, there will be less need for Jed and more mobility in midfield.

Â