Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

4 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

Are we really going to sign three attacking centre mids, or will this guy play left midfield?

He plays where he wants, he plays where he wants, Birkir Bjranason, he plays where he wants.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

He plays where he wants, he plays where he wants, Birkir Bjranason, he plays where he wants.

a companion song for He trains when he wants, he trains when he wants, Ross McCormack, he trains when he wants.

• Like 3

Hopefully and done deal today, and not a decoy to land Hourihane. Love it when we sign players from completely out of the blue, makes it all more exciting. How good is it to have a manager that can see the weaknesses and address them with minimal fuss? 

Welcome aboard my Iceland friend, we hope you'll have a whale of a time. 

So am I the only one who is not completly sold on this? I only go from the time he played in Norway (ages ago), but since so many seems to rate him here, they must know more recent things about him than I do. I do trust Bruce though, so hopefully he will be exactly what we need to get out of this division. 

44 minutes ago, Zatman said:

a midfield of Adomah Lansbury Hourihan Bjarnason is about 100000000000000000000 times better than whatever midfield we have been playing for the last 5 yrs.

Corrected ;)

I think the guy is more of a center midfielder than a left winger

A midfield three of Lansbury Hourihane and Bjarnason would be great!

Whilst Jedinak is solid in games where the opposition lump a long ball, in games where the ball is on the floor he is too often outpaced and outplayed.

This signing will give us the option to adjust our formation where necessary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

a companion song for He trains when he wants, he trains when he wants, Ross McCormack, he trains when he wants.

Or Brucey- he climbs what he wants, he climbs what he wants. 

No gates unbeatable, he climbs what he wants ;) 

Maybe he would play left of a diamondish formation and sit there allowing Amavi to bomb forward a la Gattuso and Cafu, albeit a fairly watered down left sided version.

Hourihane (Pirlo) deep and Lansbury in the Seedorf role and Grealish doing an impression of Rui Costa. We'll have a CL in the pocket in no time.;)

Good point about Amavi, he has been really poor going forward. Maybe with a player like Bjarnason he will have better protection and we'd have a lot more joy down the left. Seems like an ideal combination if we are to play Bjarnason on the left and not in central midfield. 

I think most importantly it gives us a different option. We can play different formations to match our opposition with round pegs in round holes, instead of asking players to do jobs they can't do or setting up to fail with jobs they can.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

a midfield of Adomah Lansbury Hourihan Bjarnason is about 100000000000000000000 times better than whatever midfield we have been playing for the last 6 years.

Fixed it for you babycakes!

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

a midfield of Adomah Lansbury Hourihan Bjarnason is about 100000000000000000000 times better than whatever midfield we have been playing for the last 6 months

I think it is more like 1000000000000000000000 times better.

:)

Bjarnason can open a gate and hopefully also the gate to PL. 

Not seen him for a few years but he worked very very hard in Italy. Quality isn't all that, but we're shit so I'm happy.

We need a massive change in squad attitude, so players like this will be welcomed by me.

Â