Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

2 hours ago, Jonsi77 said:

Great point :)

It really isn't cause most people agreed Petrov was very good. 

Anyway the idea that Bjarnason is some how treated unfairly,  and be is worthy of getting his shot in the PL is just hilarious. He is absolutely bloody awful. He wasn't championship quality, so he obviously isn't PL quality. He is about the level of footballer you find in the Norwegian leagues, and that's not said as a compliment. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

14 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It really isn't cause most people agreed Petrov was very good. 

Anyway the idea that Bjarnason is some how treated unfairly,  and be is worthy of getting his shot in the PL is just hilarious. He is absolutely bloody awful. He wasn't championship quality, so he obviously isn't PL quality. He is about the level of footballer you find in the Norwegian leagues, and that's not said as a compliment. 

How about arguments which are closer to reality???

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Just a polite question?

why so many posts on this guy?

I have seen him play for many years and i belive he deserves more credit than he has been given on this chat. I have been pinpoiting hes ability by facts not speculations.

45 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

@Jonsi77 Please complete the following :

I am Birkir Bjarnasons : Mother/Father/Brother/Sister/Son/Daughter/Lover/Agent/Stalker/No1 Fan/I am actually Birkir Bjarnason/All of the above.  

*Delete as appropriate.

english football supporter who likes villa due to their huge history. And want theme to do well in Premier League and want to pinpoint the sources they have in current squad.

• Like 3

Bjarnason is a very hard working player who would benefit teams in the Prem and Championship. However he would only benefit them if they DONT play possession football as he lacks imo the ability to keep the ball. 

Therefore in a Dean Smith team he is very ineffective and inefficient in possession. For Bruce types he is the perfect player because he runs around alot.

you can make a good footballer in to an athlete but you can’t make a good athlete in to a good footballer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

Bjarnason is a very hard working player who would benefit teams in the Prem and Championship. However he would only benefit them if they DONT play possession football as he lacks imo the ability to keep the ball. 

Therefore in a Dean Smith team he is very ineffective and inefficient in possession. For Bruce types he is the perfect player because he runs around alot.

you can make a good footballer in to an athlete but you can’t make a good athlete in to a good footballer.

But good footballers in possession, usually do run aound a lot as well.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

He isn't a bad player at all. He helped us in the last two seasons. He had his part in our 7 wins run under Bruce. It's just that he's limited and we had a better quality to the way we were playing. He could be much useful in another team. He's good in terms of scoring and assisting (which isn't common with a DM), he's not bad in tackling. The worst part of him is passes. Although he have some great key passes in him, but he could do disasters once the ball is relied in him. That's strange as technically gifted players usually do much better, but for him you could see him do wonders when its about goals. The way he took his shot against Reading says it all.

Some plays an average player can't do them. I can't see Hutton assisting a goal like the one Guilbert at Minnesota. That's not to say Guilbert is better, but this technique can't be done by Hutton at all. He might assist the same attack but can't do it the way Guilbert did it. 

That's the strange thing about Birker. He might have some confidence issue, but he's limited in some parts. 

• Like 1

Â