Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

5 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I'd only him play him in central midfield, poor elsewhere.

I'll add to that. I'd only play him as a defensive minded midfielder. He doesn't have the quality on the ball to play further forward like he did today. When he does, he gives the ball away consistently. 

• Like 2

Actually thought he was decent yesterday, other than a shocking last ten minutes when we were attempting to push forward and he kept giving the ball away (along with the entire rest of the side, but he was one of the main culprits). In the first half, he was responsible for a couple of good driving runs that resulted in two of our most dangerous attacks of the entire match, so not sure I subscribe to the theory of him having a shocker. Agree that he should have played DM though, with Lansbury/O’Hare in his position - that was not a game for Jedinak.

Absolute waste to play him on the left. He is not a winger at all. He isn't great at centermid, but he can at least do a job there and fill in when need be. Don't even try to play him at left mid though. Basically guaranteeing a poor match from him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I thought he did well, 

He isn't  the best player but he gives 100% each and every game. 

He could have scored a worldie in the first half. 

He plays better in a three as a holding player. 

His effort was fine - it always is - and he wasn't complete garbage.  However, as you say, better when he has more time on the ball as a holding player.  He's thrived there recently - it's a shame to see him shoved back out wide where he simply isn't effective.

4 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Absolute waste to play him on the left. He is not a winger at all. He isn't great at centermid, but he can at least do a job there and fill in when need be. Don't even try to play him at left mid though. Basically guaranteeing a poor match from him. 

Yep - he doesn't have any edge on a FB - not stronger, faster or able to skin them. Doesn't suit his skillset. 

Â