Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

This news has beaten all the press it would seem. As the rules stipulate to open a new player thread you must provide a link to the speculation source, I have had to link an old article from the Brum Mail in the Summer. It speculates where Villa could pick up an Icelandic star. 

Welcome Birkir (fingers crossed Villa Transfers Twitter account is on the money again) 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/heres-aston-villa-could-pick-11534357.amp?client=ms-android-samsung

Here's where Aston Villa could pick up an Iceland star from

Iceland, a country with a population the size of Leicester, have just completed one of the biggest shocks in the history of the European Championships.

With a team of unheralded players, bound together by a common purpose, sheer commitment and brusque athleticism they have made their nation proud.

But who are those players and more importantly where can Aston Villa get them?

8. Birkir Bjarnason
Club: Basel (Switzerland)
Contract: June 2018

He has a very Beckham-like baby face about him.

Beckham was pretty good, so I'm going to use the totally official and scientifically proven method of he's good looking like other good players, thus he's good too.  

Edited by Daweii
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Barney_avfc said:

This news has beaten all the press it would seem. As the rules stipulate to open a new player thread you must provide a link to the speculation source, I have had to link an old article from the Brum Mail in the Summer. It speculates where Villa could pick up an Icelandic star. 

Welcome Birkir (fingers crossed Villa Transfers Twitter account is on the money again) 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/heres-aston-villa-could-pick-11534357.amp?client=ms-android-samsung

Who is this Villa transfers person and what is his Twitter name?

18 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Would love this. My favourite player at Euros a real team player with end product. Good when seen him for Basel too. Seens unlikely though?

Why does it seem unlikely ? 

I'd hazard a guess he is one the two players on 99% plus , with hourihane on 98%.

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

according to wiki he's a midfielder so can't see this being true unless one of Gardner Westwood or tsishbola are on the way out leaving considering hourihane is also all but signed and now we have Lansbury 

edit - now on the mail site saying he is coming in

Edited by Jimzk5

Â