Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

I can believe that, looks absolutely livid when he isn't involved.

"Thankfully, we let him recover and we saw the benefits tonight. He looked as fresh as a daisy and played very well."

Always **** flowers with Brucey. 

27 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

It's amazing how often a player looks better when he is played in his correct position. 

Almost like magic....

To be fair, I am not sure anyone, including Bruce, knew his best position. I though he was brought in as a utility player.

Perhaps one of our friends from up North beyond the wall could let us know if he did play that normally as his best position.

• Like 4

It would be foolish of me to not say that at this point I was completely and utterly wrong about him. He's getting better with every game, Bolton included despite the result. 

So much energy, guile and the ability to score from anywhere. A goal scoring DM, a good one, is incredibly rare. Just keep him away from the actual centre mid. 

Needs to show this consistently before the jury is in but fair play to him, what a find. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

He is certainly not shit as some have put on here. He has plenty of ability and I am glad he is finally showing it. 

Absolutely. He was certainly poor for a long time, but he was being played all across so many positions. Good to see him showing it now in a position that actually suits him,

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

He is certainly not shit as some have put on here. He has plenty of ability and I am glad he is finally showing it. 

Not anymore he's not. He's getting better and better, albeit inconsistent.

But for 12 months he was genuinely appalling.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

My dad is adamant he is the best foreign player we have had since Luc Nilis...

If you don't mind me asking, when was it that your Dad went blind?

34 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Not anymore he's not. He's getting better and better, albeit inconsistent.

But for 12 months he was genuinely appalling.

Agree. He was terrible. 

He also probably needs some time to get comfortable playing with Hourihane. You can't really form a partnership if one of the players is constantly rotated, or moved to a different spot.

I think we just keep going forward with Thor as the DM. Hourihane also seems to have strong matches with him playing. 

• Like 3

I said he was rubbish, and that I didn’t know his best position even if he had one.

I now think his best position is DM, and he has played very well there so I don’t think he’s  rubbish. He has put in more poor performances than good ones, but they were all on the wing and didn’t he play LB once? So perhaps I was too hasty to say he was rubbish. But his energy was never in doubt and that is the best part of this game now.

I hope he stays, grows in confidence and as a player, and becomes a Villa legend!

Edited by alreadyexists

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I said he was rubbish, and that I didn’t know his best position even if he had one.

I know think his best position is DM, and he has played very well there so I don’t think he’s  rubbish. He has put in more poor performances than good ones, but they were all on the wing and didn’t he play LB once? So perhaps I was too hasty to say he was rubbish. But his energy was never in doubt and that is the best part of this game now.

I hope he stays, grows in confidence and as a player, and becomes a Villa legend!

Basically where I am too.

He HAS put in some poor performances as DM, but he's definitely had more good games than bad ones in that position.

Hope he keeps it up

• Like 1

Â