Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

I should never have mentioned stats! :D  My fault, as they were only there to demonstrate the point - i.e: that Bjarnason plays more considered passes and allows us to build up play better.  Jedinak doesn't do this.  I mean, he simply doesn't.  Perhaps "better passer" is misleading.  I'm sure Jedinak is effective enough at passing when playing simple passes to players nearby.  He's fairly risk free in that regard.

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

I should never have mentioned stats! :D  My fault, as they were only there to demonstrate the point - i.e: that Bjarnason plays more considered passes and allows us to build up play better.  Jedinak doesn't do this.  I mean, he simply doesn't.  Perhaps "better passer" is misleading.  I'm sure Jedinak is effective enough at passing when playing simple passes to players nearby.  He's fairly risk free in that regard.

Jedinak's regular pass is to Taylor or Elmo. I have seen Thor play the ball between the lines to Grealish and Hourihane plenty of times. That is the difference. However I do think that Jedi is a much better footballer then people give him credit for.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Jedinak's regular pass is to Taylor or Elmo. I have seen Thor play the ball between the lines to Grealish and Hourihane plenty of times. That is the difference. However I do think that Jedi is a much better footballer then people give him credit for.

they all have strengths and weaknesses.....it can be a lottery at times.

I would have played Birkir in lieu of Jed......but then Matt Smith may have had more of a field day than he did......its a gamble at times.

I would like to see a player of Axel's stature in Midfield.....having said that Loungo was only 5'10 and he was winning everything.

Edited by TRO

9 hours ago, bobzy said:

I should never have mentioned stats! :D  My fault, as they were only there to demonstrate the point - i.e: that Bjarnason plays more considered passes and allows us to build up play better.  

They don’t demonstrate that though. 

That might be your opinion, and fair enough if it is (I disagree fwiw), but the stats don’t back it up. 

10 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Who else was in midfield with the guy today?

Bruce cocked up massively as Bjarnnson should have played on Tuesday and Jedinak tonight.

I don't see that at all.....from our squad, i don't think it mattered who we played. The aggression was missing in all of them, they was not up for the fight, which had a knock on affect to so many more aspects of our game.

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I don't see that at all.....from our squad, i don't think it mattered who we played. The aggression was missing in all of them, they was not up for the fight.

So again who was in midfield with him. You have already stated that Hourihane was lightweight so..........

35 minutes ago, villaglint said:

It's funny because you'd think he'd be used to playing in freezing cold conditions. 

Struggling to remember a worse 90min performance for us however he wasn't the only one. 

You would think he shops in "Iceland" too.....wouldn't you.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

So again who was in midfield with him. You have already stated that Hourihane was lightweight so..........

I think most of our midfielders are lightweight....In the sense they struggle to dominate.

I just don't see the required aggression to make our superior talent pay.....we get constantly caught in possession which affects our ability to pass and get muscled off the ball all too frequently.

We play like a premier league team in the cup that gets out fought by a lower league team and see it as an irritation.

We have to find more fight and move the ball quicker.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, TRO said:

You would think he shops in "Iceland" too.....wouldn't you.

I should imagine he could afford to buy several of them with the amount he's earnt from the game. Point I was making though was that growing up you'd think those conditions might have cropped up from time to time. 

To be fair I think he was trying to keep playing but his fairly limited technique got showed up a bit today. Jedinak may well have been equally as crap. 

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think most of our midfielders are lightweight.

Not really answering the question.

Would Saunders played Mortimer and Cowans in midfield and the took Cowans off for a striker?

6 minutes ago, villaglint said:

I should imagine he could afford to buy several of them with the amount he's earnt from the game. Point I was making though was that growing up you'd think those conditions might have cropped up from time to time. 

To be fair I think he was trying to keep playing but his fairly limited technique got showed up a bit today. Jedinak may well have been equally as crap. 

I don't think it was an individual problem......the problem was collective.

I think we need to find a way of our players not being taken out so easily.

We are too easily negated by teams up for the fight.

• Like 2

Â