Pre-Match Thread

HanoiVillan

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

This will be an interesting one.

In the game at Villa Park they had a little ginger hobbit (Wood I think was his name or Froddo or something) and he completely ran the game. We never ever got close to him.

That game was the final straw for me with RDM so absent was our midfield.

It is early days of the new one but I'll be very interested to see how they do and how they handle the lad from the shires.

Ryan Woods is from Pelsall/Norton Canes area, as I'm a similar age I came up against him a few times when growing up in youth football as I'm from Staffs originally, we couldn't get near him either!!! Don't know how our scouts missed him although he was at Man Utd for a while before having his breakthrough at Shrewsbury.

• Like 3

Really looking forward to this one...

------------- Johnstone ---------------

Bree  --- Baker - Chester ---Amavi

------ Lansbury - Hourihane ------

Albert     ---  Jack  ---    Bjarnason

Kodja

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Really looking forward to this one...

------------- Johnstone ---------------

Bree  --- Baker - Chester ---Amavi

------ Lansbury - Hourihane ------

Albert     ---  Jack  ---    Bjarnason

Kodja

I'd be a little surprised if every January signing started the game.  I'm also not sure I'd even want that many players coming in who are unfamiliar with their team-mates.  I'd have Barney on the bench.  Either push Jack out wide and bring Jedi into the middle alongside Lansbury & Hourihane, or leave the shape as is and do a straight swap with Green for Barney.  As for Bree, I've no strong feeling either way.  If he's ready then he's ready.  While I like Hutton's attitude, his positional discipline costs us directly and indirectly every game.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, John said:

Is this Gabby fellow above another new signing? If not, I think I would prefer someone/anyone else to start. I would play Jedinak in front of the back four and would start Kodjia on his own up front with support from midfield runners. I would also start the Iceman rather than Green. We would then have Jack & Green available to come off the bench to ram home our advantage at some point in the second half. I would have took a point from this one before we bought a midfield but I think Brentford will now do well to keep it down to a two goal defeat. A three goal winning margin for the Villa!!  

Jedinak is more than likely out for tomorrow, so I am willing to take a decent bet we will see the XI I put out. Only iffy choice is Green over someone like Grealish or Viking

19 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

right we really need to come to a consensus as to what Bjarnason's nickname is. I think ive counted about thirty so far and keep thinking ive missed a signing when i read one

Bj

5 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Jedinak is more than likely out for tomorrow, so I am willing to take a decent bet we will see the XI I put out. Only iffy choice is Green over someone like Grealish or Viking

If Jedinak is out I would play Jack from the start and give him a free role behind Kodjia myself. I think Gabby represents an "iffy choice" at best and I hope that is a choice that Steve Bruce does not persist with tomorrow. Its all about opinions though, our two teams are a little different but we will all know soon enough which way the boss has gone.     

Anyone driving to the game, there is free parking at Strand on the Green and Thames Road, this is the road that runs parallel to the Thames if you turn right after Kew bridge (if coming from M3) or left before Kew Bridge if coming from M4, about 20 min walk max from ground.

Loads of Boozers there abouts.

• Like 2

With Jedi out I fully expect this to be the team.

Johnstone

Bree, Chester, Baker, Amavi

Adomah, Lansbury, Hourihane, Bjarnasson

Kodjia, Gabby

It may be a 4-4-2 or it may be a 4-3-3 with Kodjia going wide left as he has done before. I think Bruce wants to play 4-4-2 though.

If we have any hope of a late push for the play offs then we have to win this. In fact we have to put a 4 or 5 game winning run together now. I think for that reason alongside the players we now have we will see the shackles come off and us really go all out for three points.

Edited by markavfc40

So it looks like all the new boys (bar the ones coming in today) could be starting, seeing as both Jedinak and Gabby are injured and Westwood is off.