Pre-Match Thread

HanoiVillan

23 hours ago, choffer said:

Polite request on behalf of my local club:

It's a small ground with a tiny away allocation. As a result, they're increasingly suffering with away fans buying tickets for home stands and then acting out. I'm sure there will be plenty of Villa dotted around the ground (I know I will be in the New Road) but the locals are understandably frustrated at the amount of away fans openly giving it the biggun in their stands.

It's a lovely club that is really welcoming and do a huge amount of community work. Please do try to be respectful of that if you're there (when we win). UTV!

And if you need any advice on parking (for which my advice would be "good luck"), transport, food or drinks, give me a shout. 

I stayed in the Premier Inn a few weeks back and went walking/running most nights around there. I can also confirm that parking will be pretty much impossible.

Is the road alongside Gunnersbury Park, or even the car park at the top of the park an option?

8 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Someone's doing all right...

Skint

not work fit yet

bored as f***

cant even get out on the Golf course for fear of catching a bad cold (not recommended atm)

10 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Skint

not work fit yet

bored as f***

cant even get out on the Golf course for fear of catching a bad cold (not recommended atm)

Golf course!?... how the other half live!

Just kidding mate, hope you feel better soon, Villa winning on Tuesday would be a good start :) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Golf course!?... how the other half live!

Just kidding mate, hope you feel better soon, Villa winning on Tuesday would be a good start :) 

ran out of likes

• Like 1

2 hours ago, darrenm said:

I stayed in the Premier Inn a few weeks back and went walking/running most nights around there. I can also confirm that parking will be pretty much impossible.

Is the road alongside Gunnersbury Park, or even the car park at the top of the park an option?

If you want to park, best bet is to park near a bus route. There's no tube particularly close but a short bus ride from Ealing, isleworth, Chiswick or Kew would be your best bet. 

A win will be massive here, right from the off with the new lads and would instill some confidence right through the group.

I don't performances matter here, just 3 points. Playing well and surrendering at home to Preston boosts nobody but even just scraping a win here will give everybody a big lift.

PLEASE!!!
PLEASE!!!!!

So glad I got a ticket for this:

----------------Johnstone-------------

Bree-----Chester--Baker----Amavi

-------------------Jedinak---------------

----------Lansbury----Hourihane-------

Adomah--------------------------Bjarnason

--------------------Kodija-----------------------

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nigel said:

God I'm looking forward to this game. I'm away snowboarding atm but can't wait to get back Tues to watch the game. You'd think a villa fan would learn by now!

Is that at one of Donald Trump's centres or is it different to waterboarding? :)

Edited by pacbuddies
  • Like 1

Just found out this one is on the telly in Sweden :hooray:

Will be interesting to see if we can play with a bit more purpose now that we have an entirely new midfield and new RB.

2 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I actually hope Bree starts this one. I expect it to be Hutton but do hope it's Bree.

Hutton should be replaced immediately. He's the glue that holds our shitness together.

• Like 3

On 27/01/2017 at 15:53, Czechlad said:

If the comments about Bruce wanting to run a 4-4-2 are right, I think we will see this:

266e84fa834ff6597a83d2300143d2f2.png

The midfield looks good, but I worry we will get exposed defensively. I really think the 4-3-3 suits us better. 

Is this Gabby fellow above another new signing? If not, I think I would prefer someone/anyone else to start. I would play Jedinak in front of the back four and would start Kodjia on his own up front with support from midfield runners. I would also start the Iceman rather than Green. We would then have Jack & Green available to come off the bench to ram home our advantage at some point in the second half. I would have took a point from this one before we bought a midfield but I think Brentford will now do well to keep it down to a two goal defeat. A three goal winning margin for the Villa!!  

This will be an interesting one.

In the game at Villa Park they had a little ginger hobbit (Wood I think was his name or Froddo or something) and he completely ran the game. We never ever got close to him.

That game was the final straw for me with RDM so absent was our midfield.

It is early days of the new one but I'll be very interested to see how they do and how they handle the lad from the shires.

• Like 1