Pre-Match Thread

HanoiVillan

I think I'd start like this:

Johnstone

Bree    Chester    Baker     Amavi

Jedinak

Adomah  Landsbury Hourihane Grealish

Kodjia

Not sure how good Birkir is on the wing, but maybe swap for Grealish if he's good there, or one of the central pair if they're tiring later.

• Like 1

I think either:

----------------------Johnstone--------------------

Hutton/Bree*---Chester-------Baker------Amavi

------------------------Jedinak--------------------

Adomah----Lansbury-----Hourihane---Bjarnason

-------------------------Kodjia-----------------------

Or

----------------------Johnstone--------------------

Hutton/Bree*---Chester-------Baker------Amavi

Adomah----Lansbury-----Hourihane---Bjarnason

---------------Kodjia-----Agbonlahor--------------

Bree/Hutton will come down to whether the boy is ready and Gabby will find his place in a 4-4-2 under threat by Mr 50% I think.

What's brilliant is that against Preston, there was no one on the bench that I thought, "If we bring him on we've got a chance"

Our bench for the next game could be:

Bunn, Bree/Hutton, Elphick, Grealish, Bacuna, Green, Ayew, Agbonlahor/Jedinak

That's a whole lot of options for the manager.

This weeks signings are filling me with what I presume must be optimism.

22 hours ago, a m ole said:

This is the one occasion I'm delighted we've had to wait 10 days for the next game. Get the new lads training now, doing extra hours on tactics and bonding with the squad.

Johnstone

Bree Chester Baker Amavi

Hourihane Lansbury Bjarnason

Adomah Kodjia Green

Gollini Elphick Hutton Jedinak Westwood Grealish Agbonlahor

Looking much better.

I bet you a million quid Gollini won't be on the bench ;) 

• Like 1

an astonishing influx of new players this window - the owner means business.

and some of them seem to have some proven quality .

when we had an infllux of "young and hungry players" (ie cheap) a few years ago we didnt improve.

then we were told we had to give them time to "gel" .

they never did gel.

my feeling is this new lot are good but i dont think we will finish top four, - not enough time after our poor start.

Polite request on behalf of my local club:

It's a small ground with a tiny away allocation. As a result, they're increasingly suffering with away fans buying tickets for home stands and then acting out. I'm sure there will be plenty of Villa dotted around the ground (I know I will be in the New Road) but the locals are understandably frustrated at the amount of away fans openly giving it the biggun in their stands.

It's a lovely club that is really welcoming and do a huge amount of community work. Please do try to be respectful of that if you're there (when we win). UTV!

And if you need any advice on parking (for which my advice would be "good luck"), transport, food or drinks, give me a shout. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, choffer said:

Polite request on behalf of my local club:

It's a small ground with a tiny away allocation. As a result, they're increasingly suffering with away fans buying tickets for home stands and then acting out. I'm sure there will be plenty of Villa dotted around the ground (I know I will be in the New Road) but the locals are understandably frustrated at the amount of away fans openly giving it the biggun in their stands.

It's a lovely club that is really welcoming and do a huge amount of community work. Please do try to be respectful of that if you're there (when we win). UTV!

And if you need any advice on parking (for which my advice would be "good luck"), transport, food or drinks, give me a shout. 

I've tried to get a ticket in the home end but I can't as I don't have(obviously) a Brentford booking history. As an employee of the Vorsprung gang I've also got free parking at West London Audi which is round the corner from Griffin Park lined up too!!

21 hours ago, Czechlad said:

This is what I think we will see:

6e07614366b17562a39e19309b2ab4e1.png

Subs:

Ayew for Green

Bjarnson for Lansbury

Gabby for Adomah

One interesting note is we now have Grealish, Ayew, Bjarnson, and Green who play LM. 

Green? I'd be very disappointed if after this transfer window we have to play Andre Green. 

2 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Green? I'd be very disappointed if after this transfer window we have to play Andre Green. 

Green has been very good the past couple matches. He is very direct and causes trouble. 

• Like 2

On 26/01/2017 at 08:26, Czechlad said:

This is what I think we will see:

6e07614366b17562a39e19309b2ab4e1.png

Subs:

Ayew for Green

Bjarnson for Lansbury

Gabby for Adomah

One interesting note is we now have Grealish, Ayew, Bjarnson, and Green who play LM. 

Exactly as I'd have it give or take Green/Bjarnason as I heard he can play either wing. Essentially 4141 which I think suits Jedi if Bruce persists with him and Kodjia on his own up front is fine

4 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

I dont care who plays as long as Hutton, Elphick, Bacuna, Westwood, Gardner & Gaby dont play.

I'm really looking forward to this game.

In fact, as part of my Physical Rehabilitation Program (since an OP) I purchased a 3D TV (converts 4K, UHD & HD from 2D to 3D - how? I dont not the f*** know)

So I'll be sitting on my couch, glasses on, Smokey Bacon Crisps, a bar of Cadbury's Milk Chocolate and a bottle of Fresh Orange juice trying to out-shout my Dolby surround set up on full blast

Come on the Villa

Holte-enders on the couch

Someone's doing all right...

21 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Green may well have played his way into the side after the Preston performance, although obviously he has 2 significant names breathing down his neck now.

• Like 1