Super Bowl LI

maqroll

1 hour ago, BOF said:

First superbowl I haven't watched in a long long time.  I can't even remeber the last one I didn't watch.  And I'm not even bothered in the slightest tbqh.

Arguably the best yet.

Brady and Belichick = GOAT.

Plus the result does wonders for the legacy of Tom Coughlin and Eli Manning! :D

46 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Well.......I've just woken up and realised it wasn't a dream. I truly hate the Patriots but that was the greatest Superbowl win ever. Wow. 

I hope Raider's win next year isn't so dramatic. 

Brick-Tamland-Laughing-Eating-Banana.gif

• Like 2

Was watching Fox online (legally official fox in the US), and at 28-12 they cut to an add-break. Now for some reason during the add breaks they just displayed a holding screen having for some reason not synched with the TV ads, bizarre screw up by someone in IT or marketing. The feed froze and somehow went offline and so I said screw it and was ready for bedtime... just said I'd quickly check on espn 28-20!!

Got back viewing to see one of those things that only live sport provides! I'll never understand what the Falcons were thinking, as it was truly one of those situations where every single human watching knew they were doing it wrong... a bit like us with Tactics-Tim at Leicester last year.

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

it was good dont get me wrong but it wasnt the best ever,

I agree, it was a particularly BAD game for New England for most of regulation. 28-3 halfway through the 3rd quarter disqualifies the game for best ever honors. Best ever comeback without question though.

Still can't believe we pulled that off, Brady's will to win is incredible. 466 yards. Clutch plays and drives. Awesome.

I think I read last night that 6/7 New England SB appearances have been decided on the last play of the game. Hopefully the next one we can put away by halftime!

Consensus today seems to be that Brady and Belichick are the GOAT...this win takes the Patriots as a football club closer to that title as well.

An astonishing comeback helped by some really bad calls by the Falcons. Matt Ryan did not choke but his coaching staff certainly did.

I still can't work out why they decided to run a five step dropback from the shotgun on 2nd and 11 from the 20 or why they thought exclusively playing a cover 1 in a shootout wouldn't gas their dbs

As for goat picks - I still have Jerry Rice, Jim Brown, Otto Graham, LT (the original one) and Hutson above Brady but he's definitely in the conversation.

Edited by RunRickyRun

On 06/02/2017 at 03:26, StefanAVFC said:

**** off Atlanta.

Handing a Superbowl to that pair of words removed.

Just kneel twice and kick a FG. Absolute morons. 

They weren't even running the clock down effectively, still snapping with 10 seconds left on the rundown. Deserved to lose if they can't even do that correctly.

12 hours ago, Brumerican said:

I still think the OT rules are criminal . 

Both teams should have at least one possession . New England won because they won the toss at the end of the day . 

Yup, despised it when they had golden goal in Euro '96... I feel like nobody has even mentioned that over here, and it just boggles my mind.

Hightower has now made two of the great game saving plays to help his team win superbowls. The tackle on Lynch at the one yard line gets better every time I watch it and the sack on Ryan stopped an almost certain touchdown (Robinson is about to be wide open down the middle of the field at the moment Ryan gets hit).

Given the drama in both games I wonder if people (outside of New England) will even remember them in 10 years?

Edited by RunRickyRun

Â