James Bree

Barney_avfc

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Guess we'll sell him for what we signed him for, about a million wasn't it?

Didn't we pay 3 million for him? Was reported at the time he was more than Hourihane who had 6 months left 

7 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

That's emmental if true

We paid 12 million for Hogan, nearly a million for Jacob Bedeau that window and gave Lansbury a contract for life. It wouldnt surprise me

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Didn't we pay 3 million for him? Was reported at the time he was more than Hourihane who had 6 months left 

I believe it was to do with helping Barnsley fudge their accounts. We were really paying more for Hourihane but as he only had 6 months left the same amount of money was worth more for Barnsley from a FFP perspective if we said the majority was for Bree.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

3 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

I believe it was to do with helping Barnsley fudge their accounts. We were really paying more for Hourihane but as he only had 6 months left the same amount of money was worth more for Barnsley from a FFP perspective if we said the majority was for Bree.

Also read somewhere that it could have also been to help them avoid paying a sell on to Plymouth as well. 

• Like 1

Genuinely disappointed that this didn't work out. When I saw him in his first few games I thought we'd found a gifted young ball playing full back. Unfortunately he just didn't settle here.

Wish him all the best and I hope that he is successful at Luton. I'm definitely going to applaud him when we're allowed back to the grounds and if we play Luton in the cup. Hopefully he can get them promoted!

• Like 1

Anyone else get the feeling this could come back to haunt us ala Cahill?

Hope we get at least £2m and a 25/30% sell on clause, just the sort of player you could see having a blinding season and being a target for lower Premier League teams for £10m+ next summer.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sidmon said:

Anyone else get the feeling this could come back to haunt us ala Cahill?

Hope we get at least £2m and a 25/30% sell on clause, just the sort of player you could see having a blinding season and being a target for lower Premier League teams for £10m+ next summer.

I camembert the thought of this.

• Like 2

Remember him playing a few games a centre back as well, looked decent there but never got a run in the team. Might have been useful utility player had we got relegated, but he's not a premier league player so I'm fine with him leaving

On 21/08/2020 at 15:01, avfcDJ said:

That's emmental if true

On 21/08/2020 at 15:10, Zatman said:

We paid 12 million for Hogan, nearly a million for Jacob Bedeau that window and gave Lansbury a contract for life. It wouldnt surprise me

r/woosh

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â