James Bree

Barney_avfc

I just can't muster any real enthusiasm or excitement about this transfer.

That is no reflection on Bree at all, I don't think I've ever seen him play so I hold no view on him at all. Right now the most positive thing I can say about him is that he isn't Alan Hutton.

Its not that I don't rate Bree, It's just, well not many of our signings over the last few years have been much good have they.

So Bree, if you could be so kind as not to be shit and not have a terrible attitude (or both) you will be welcomed with open arms. If you are able to cross a ball in the general direction of a team mate, tackle like you aren't trying to decapitate the opposition and have a vague idea of positioning you'll be considered a marvel.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

That is no reflection on Bree at all, I don't think I've ever seen him play so I hold no view on him at all. Right now the most positive thing I can say about him is that he isn't Alan Hutton.

Its not that I don't rate Bree, It's just, well not many of our signings over the last few years have been much good have they.

So Bree, if you could be so kind as not to be shit and not have a terrible attitude (or both) you will be welcomed with open arms. If you are able to cross a ball in the general direction of a team mate, tackle like you aren't trying to decapitate the opposition you'll be considered a marvel.

Don't our best players usually come underneath the radar, without much fanfare?

Until we see him play he could be a revelation or he could be shit.

We will have to wait and see. At least one positive, he isn't Alan Hutton! :)

5 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I'm looking forward to seeing him play as I've not seen anything of him prior to this move.

On the flip side I'm dreading what this forum is going to become with all of the cheese puns bound to continue...

They'll become Edam mess for sure.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

So Bree, if you could be so kind as not to be shit and not have a terrible attitude (or both) you will be welcomed with open arms. If you are able to cross a ball in the general direction of a team mate, tackle like you aren't trying to decapitate the opposition and have a vague idea of positioning you'll be considered a marvel.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

:huh: ....not sure I get this one Trent? 

• Like 3

Yes its not very gouda. 

My excitement is based on the enthusiasm of others. I like these low key signings. Seem like an emminently better way to mould a team together than going for more big flops. 

A replacement for Ross /Gestede even if just a loan would complete a good window really.

Erm... stil-tons of time to go!

23 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I feel similar to be honest. I have never seen the guy, and will hold back on my excitement until I see him in action. Often i have thought, well he can't be any worse than (insert name here) only to then find out that they never really live up to the initial buzz. It will be tough for him to be worse than Hutton though, and he has scope to develop into a better player whereas I think Hutton's best days are long way behind him. Fingers crossed this one turns out to be a good un.

• Like 1

Â