James Bree

Barney_avfc

James Bree is a good attack with have defence skill so it is smith's right back type. so likely yes playing under him more that elmo which i happy with it as i alway see Elmo as right winger/wide midfield rather full back / wing back. 

Looking forward to see that James Bree play in his best.. problem is other side of defence (left back) we don't got type of it i alway see N.Taylor is quiet good defence with not offence skill. also problem (centre half) cause by bruce hope smith fix it, but i don't want see Bree play centre half until jan to find centre half as it is would be affect his football careers..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

any thoughts on why Bree didnt make the team or subs?, i heard a few ppl were thinking Bree might be a Smith type player?

Maybe he isnt fit enough currently? (match sharpness), or maybe DS just didnt like what he saw?

10 hours ago, MaVilla said:

any thoughts on why Bree didnt make the team or subs?, i heard a few ppl were thinking Bree might be a Smith type player?

Maybe he isnt fit enough currently? (match sharpness), or maybe DS just didnt like what he saw?

He isn't very good and is on way too much money. We will be stuck with him until he leaves on a free.

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Problem is he can only pick 18 at a time, he will have to play it a bit safe until he has more time to assess everyone and decide the best systems and personnel as such.

It is as simple as this. We have an excellent squad for this level and the likes of Bree, Lansbury, RHM, Davis would make many clubs match day 18's week in week out.

Bree only turned 21 a few days ago and I'd hope he is one the new coaching team can improve. I think he has shown enough already that there is plenty to work with in terms of ability. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

I thought this guy has looked like he can pass and has energy at only 21. Surely he's the sort of player we should be coaching and giving game time rather than persisting with Hutton & Taylor.

I remember him filling in for a game at left back last season under Bruce and he looked great. Next game he disappeared from the squad.

I certainly think he has attributes, problem last season was he was only ever chucked in when shit hit the fan, or he wasn't part of the 18 and suddenly was coming on as a sub. He definitely looked off the pace, and nervous the few times I saw him but grew into games. I

You woud hope now with Smith in charge Bree will get his chance.

22 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I thought this guy has looked like he can pass and has energy at only 21. Surely he's the sort of player we should be coaching and giving game time rather than persisting with Hutton & Taylor.

I remember him filling in for a game at left back last season under Bruce and he looked great. Next game he disappeared from the squad.

I’d rather use Bree at right back and switch Hutton to the left where he seems better .

i thought both full backs were poor last night personally , strange how Hutton is a right back but looks much worse there than he does on the left .

Our fullbacks lacking ability i think thats obvious now with deans playing style. I love hutton as much as the next guy but we need upgrade in those positions asap.

Argument can be made that new manager new tactics maybe they just need time to get used to. But i dont believe it.

I dont want bree playing of what i saw hes clearly not ready. Making mistakes left and right, bad positioning, looks nervous. Hes clearly need to improve in those areas if hes on the pitch hes a masive liability.

Edited by Tumblerseven

4 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

what's it going to take for Bree to get some actual time at RB? Think he would be a much better option than Hutton imo

I want to think Smith is giving regulars a chance to shine. I like Hutton but I always hope Bree would be a star

Last few games he played he never player right back but he always gave a decent performance

• Like 1

Â