James Bree

Barney_avfc

2 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Didn't he play against Felipe Anderson? One of the best players in Serie A last few seasons.

Jordan Verretout was one of Serie A  best players last season

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

Can we send him on loan please?

No doubt that he has huge potential but his development has completely stalled here. 

He's now behind Elmo, Hutton, RDL and Axel for the RB spot. 

Barnsley would be good.  They loved him there.

• Like 1

I agree he needs a loan. The move here has really stalled his development, and has only played a handful of games. Needs a loan to another Championship club that doesn’t have a ridiculous amount of right backs. 

I really like him, and hope he makes it here. 

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Does Bree go down as another Bruce poor signing. Or does he get more time?

For me, it’s both.

Given our financial situation concerning FFP, buying Bree when he has barely featured does make him a poor signing.

However, I’m prepared to give him more time, mainly due to his age. 

Although I’m not sure when he’ll get his chance to solidify a position in the team though. “One for the future” I hear, but what future is that? If we’re promoted, he won’t feature in the premier league if he’s currently deemed not good enough for the championship (so I assume he would be loaned out).

If we’re not promoted, does he suddenly replace Axel/Elmo at right back having not played there with any regularity? I’d say probably not. 

At the start of either scenario he’ll have been here for about 2 and half years and played maybe less than 20 games (based on his current rate of appearances).

• Like 2

I like him, he need a time to settling down in right back and will grow experience. problem is he need games times. He got De Leat and Alan Hutton, Elmo, Axel(Personal, i would play Bree and De Leat, not Elmo in Right back, Elmo is more winger that full back and Hutton, he can play left back as we got short cover left back also Axel is better in Centre Half not right back.

Real reasons problem with these, answer is Bruce who won't let some player in right position, so it is problem not Bree fault and it is bruce.

Bree need regular so loan him out or play him regulars.

41 minutes ago, Danny_Villaman84 said:

I like him, he need a time to settling down in right back and will grow experience. problem is he need games times. He got De Leat and Alan Hutton, Elmo, Axel(Personal, i would play Bree and De Leat, not Elmo in Right back, Elmo is more winger that full back and Hutton, he can play left back as we got short cover left back also Axel is better in Centre Half not right back.

Real reasons problem with these, answer is Bruce who won't let some player in right position, so it is problem not Bree fault and it is bruce.

Bree need regular so loan him out or play him regulars.

The bolded it, couldn’t disagree more, but that for his thread.

Bree does need games, but I could see him being our back up CB this year. Think with a consistent run of games he’d do really well there.

1 hour ago, Stratvillan said:

I think he could be very good, but needs to play regularly. It's a bit pointless if he's motm midweek and not rewarded. What message does that send out?

Given that it was against Burton maybe the message is that he found his level? If he was good enough he would be in the first team. 

4 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Given that it was against Burton maybe the message is that he found his level? If he was good enough he would be in the first team. 

Found his level? He played left back under difficult circumstances and was very good. Bree has not used him often enough

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

Perhaps, but he can only play well if he's selected, he can't choose who that's against. If we use your argument no young players would ever get a chance. He's only played 13 league games for us over 2 years not sure how many were starts. This means he isn't very good or he might be good, but the manager prefers experience. I'll leave that to you to decide! (This isn't the Bruce thread). 

Wether it's bree or someone else. We can only really judge them after a period of regular action, not a game every 8 weeks. This is why these players move on and are successful at this level and higher elsewhere. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Does Bree go down as another Bruce poor signing. Or does he get more time?

Well I dont think Bree will see his prime for about 6-8 years. Whether or not thats with us is another question

He needs game time though whether here or elsewhere

• 1 month later...

There is no way this kid is a CB. He never plays there for U23s so I've no idea why Bruce feels he's ready to do it for the first team. I don't think he did anything hugely wrong and they weren't helped by the rest of the side imploding but you just felt there was a soft underbelly as soon as Chester went off and it was no surprise to see all their goals go in. 

Assuming Jedinak is injured for the weekend we are in major major trouble. I wonder whether James Collins is anywhere near being fit enough to play. 

• Like 1

Â