James Bree

Barney_avfc

On 16/05/2018 at 20:24, Xela said:

Axel? If fit?

Can't be Richards or De Laet. 

Yeah Axel. I know he is on loan, but clearly has been a major part of Bruce's fist team plans and ahead of Bree at RB when he was fit and talk of a second season loan is obviously strong. 

Edited by jimcohen

On 16/05/2018 at 22:16, AntrimBlack said:

Honestly, I thought he was poor, which was disappointing, but he is young and inexperienced and certainly tried his best.

Counting his previous club, he has decent CH experience, so that was why I expected more. But young, and plenty of people who know more than me see a bright future for him, so happy to give him lot more time.

He was good in that he didn't cost us. I'm happy with that.

Maybe I should be more trusting, but I wouldn't want to see him on the pitch in the final. However, I may have to.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, holteend1982 said:

5'11

James Chester about 5'6, I actually think bree at centre back might actually work. 

Chester isn't 5' 6".

He's more like 5' 3" or 4".

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

5'11

James Chester about 5'6, I actually think bree at centre back might actually work. 

Was Bree dressed in high heels at the Time? 

Always looks short to me - I don’t see him as a centre half to be honest either way - don’t think he’s tough enough to play there or good enough .

forwards would dominate  him .

id like to see him established at right back next season .

Edited by Eastie

1 hour ago, KJT123 said:

From the little we've seen of him, his biggest attribute appears to be his composure on the ball and how well he gets forward. 

So just like Stones etc;)

More progressive football, we could have a back three of Bree, Jedinak and Chester.

He played Cb in the cup start of the season and looked good there.

19 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

So just like Stones etc;)

More progressive football, we could have a back three of Bree, Jedinak and Chester.

He played Cb in the cup start of the season and looked good there.

A back 3 of Bree , jedi and Chester ? Do you fancy a trip to Shrewsbury and Scunthorpe or something? 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Eastie said:

A back 3 of Bree , jedi and Chester ? Do you fancy a trip to Shrewsbury and Scunthorpe or something? 

I think it would work well, Bree offers the covering pace, Jedinak the heading ability and Chester the composure. We’ll be able to play out from the back and take the game to the opposition. 

Obviously, you don’t do it every game, and you tailor it to your opposition. 

If we can get another cb instead of Jedinak great, but if money is as tight as people think we have to utilise what we have.

6 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I think it would work well, Bree offers the covering pace, Jedinak the heading ability and Chester the composure. We’ll be able to play out from the back and take the game to the opposition. 

Obviously, you don’t do it every game, and you tailor it to your opposition. 

If we can get another cb instead of Jedinak great, but if money is as tight as people think we have to utilise what we have.

Playing out  from the back with jedinak in defence is a recipe for disaster - his passing is too poor .

for me Bree has to be given the regular right back role - no more square pegs in round holes 

‘I liked Dawson and thought he was superb for hull against us - also  partnered Chester and was out of contract .

sadly he’s joined forest on a free transfer this week . 

Edited by Eastie

• 4 weeks later...
On 02/06/2018 at 16:01, KJT123 said:

From the little we've seen of him, his biggest attribute appears to be his composure on the ball and how well he gets forward. Playing him at CB would be silly. 

Are the attributes you've mentioned not exactly what the best centre-halves these days have/need?

Would start the season with the intent on making him first choice right back to be honest. It will benefit us and him in the long term. I really like the look of him, gives us much needed pace. is strong and he looks like a real good footballer in the making. Had a few moments where he looked a bit eratic in possession and the tackle but that is only something he is going to grow out of with games and age.

Oh, he isn't a CB in a million years.

23 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

A big no to Bree at CB from me.

&

As there has been a distinct lack of cheese related shenanigans in here lately..

C0GnAno.jpg

Oh how very mature. 

Â