James Bree

Barney_avfc

Did well considering the circumstances. He's not considered a regular and hasn't yet really shown that he's ready for the first team, so it was a massive game for him to come in to. 

The understanding with teammates wasn't there but he deputised well, he defended well but wasn't up against much to be honest. 

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah agree with most.

He was awful the first 20 mins or so but grew into it. 

Didn't notice him second half, and I mean that as a compliment.

I think he is very promising........difficult game to come in to, when he has had very few previous games.

done well imo

11 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think Sessegnon might be too much, but he did well today. 

I suspect this might be the case too. 

If Elmo isn’t fit for the Final I can see Bruce bringing back Taylor and putting Hutton on the Right to nullify Sessegnon. Maybe switch over Bree, not sure. 

If Elmo back, should definitely be on the bench. Did really well given the circumstances and hope he can play a bigger role in the near future.

Honestly, I thought he was poor, which was disappointing, but he is young and inexperienced and certainly tried his best.

Counting his previous club, he has decent CH experience, so that was why I expected more. But young, and plenty of people who know more than me see a bright future for him, so happy to give him lot more time.

9 hours ago, jimcohen said:

Considering he is technically our forth choice RB , he did very well and shows how strong our squad is for this level. Really go in the air as well.  Impressed me last night. 

4th choice? Hutton, Elmo, ???? and Bree. Who am i missing?

4 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

4th choice? Hutton, Elmo, ???? and Bree. Who am i missing?

Axel? If fit?

Can't be Richards or De Laet. 

• Like 1

He was definitely nervous and clearly not quite on the same wavelength as the rest of the team (which is understandable). , Apart from a few errors, a couple of which weren't entirely of his own making anyway,  I thought he did prerty well.

I think he has real composure on the ball - with a bit of experience and bedding in I have a lot of optimism for his future.

Would really like to see him get more first team game time next season.

5 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

He was definitely nervous and clearly not quite on the same wavelength as the rest of the team (which is understandable). , Apart from a few errors, a couple of which weren't entirely of his own making anyway,  I thought he did prerty well.

I think he has real composure on the ball - with a bit of experience and bedding in I have a lot of optimism for his future.

Would really like to see him get more first team game time next season.

A full house.....full of voice.

a few wobbly moments

but ,I think he did Ok

Edited by TRO

On 15/05/2018 at 22:45, NurembergVillan said:

Looked composed after the first 15 minutes, and very useful that he can cover both sides.

Appears to have a bright future.

I thought he was shaky for longer than the first 15 but he improved throughout. 

His positioning was generally good, made a couple of poor decisions in stepping in for tackles when he shouldn't have

If elmo is out for the final, does Bree play? The only alternative I see is bjarnason but that limits a few options around switching flanks with relative ease (if we stick Hutton on sessegnon) throughout the match, and also not having bjarnason for the second half sub, as appears to have become customary. 

I think first half he was trying to hard. Also tried to get forward a lot and was struggling. I think second half we attacked more down the left and he didn’t try to get forward as much. This helped him. 

Bruce probably told him not to worry about attacking and just to his hold his position to keep our shape. We may need a different approach against Fulham. 

Although Taylor has been poor lately it me be an option to bring him back in if fit. Some experience for the big occasion. 

Â