James Bree

Barney_avfc

52 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I never want to see him at centre back ever again. It's safe to say he can't play there. 

Another Bruce experiment that's failed it seems. Bree does not look like a cb at all so that one I don't get at all. Surely elphick should have played? I suspect tommy will start at forest with Chester with Terry eased back in

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Another Bruce experiment that's failed it seems. Bree does not look like a cb at all so that one I don't get at all. Surely elphick should have played? I suspect tommy will start at forest with Chester with Terry eased back in

This is of course the logical course of action given Terry's lengthy absence and Elphick's resurgence. Therefore I am expecting something different.

On 07/01/2018 at 04:20, Stratvillan said:

Looks comfortable on the ball, would agree not a cb. Needs to be playing to improve. 

Really I think he needs to improve to play.  

He is a good way from first term - even at Full back.

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

What was the point of not sending the lad on loan? He is nowhere near the first team this has been a wasted season for him. Has played 1 game for us since September.

Still very young, I see potential in him as either a centre back or a right back, give him time

15 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Take a promising young defender, and force him to play for our U23s. I don't understand why we signed him.

Yeah, much better to ruin his confidence by playing him in a senior side when he’s not ready than to let him build up in the under 23s. 

Just now, alreadyexists said:

Yeah, much better to ruin his confidence by playing him in a senior side when he’s not ready than to let him build up in the under 23s. 

He was already playing in this division. He went from a starter on a championship team to a starter for a U23 team. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Czechlad said:

He was already playing in this division. He went from a starter on a championship team to a starter for a U23 team. 

Starter for Barnsley. He’s 20, playing in the Under 23s, isn’t going to do him any harm.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

Take a promising young defender, and force him to play for our U23s. I don't understand why we signed him.

I am not sure there is anything difficult to understand and you have partly said why he was signed yourself. He was, and still is, a very promising young player who had not long turned 19 when we signed him who had played less than 20 games at Championship level, the highest level he had played at.

Last season he had an experienced international player in front of him who was playing well. This season he has had experienced international players in front of him playing well in a team that is vying for automatic promotion.

He was always purchased with an eye on the future. Much like Bedeau.

His time will come and it will be doing him no harm at all working under very good defenders in Bruce and Calderwood and training alongside some very good defenders, most notably one of the best of the last 20 years in John Terry.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Still very young, I see potential in him as either a centre back or a right back, give him time

He needs to be playing though.

He was playing week in week out at this level for Barnsley so other than his bank balance difficult to see how this move is helping his career at this point.

If he'd stayed at Barnsley another year he might actually be in the premier league by now given their previous transfers (Stones, Mawson and Holgate).

Â