James Bree

Barney_avfc

Better full backs in the league who are roughly same age or a year or two older. Ayling for leeds is streets ahead of bree in every sense. Attacking, defending, passing, positional. Saying that Ayling had a good manager last year and an even better one by the looks of it this year.

I've seen enough of him to know he can become a good player. He has had some good games but he will be inconsistent. Our fans just like to write off youngsters as soon as they have a bad game. I was guilty of doing it with Green. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I've seen enough of him to know he can become a good player. He has had some good games but he will be inconsistent. Our fans just like to write off youngsters as soon as they have a bad game. I was guilty of doing it with Green. 

Yeah, I agree.  He's only 19, after all!

39 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Jesus...he's a kid...a kid who has played about a dozen games!

some judgements on here are frankly ridiculous!

I agree with this. It is too early to make too harsh a judgement. 26 championship appearance as a teenager is all he has had.  He looks a bit intimidated in my opinion.  If I'm honest though I don't quite get the signing.....signed as one for the future? Yes, absolutely....but signed to play instead of Richie De Laet?...Not for me. No way.

RDL is clearly the best RB we have. All I can think is that Bruce doesn't want him playing every game yet so soon after that injury.....if he's leaving him out for 'tactical reasons' then Bruce really is a buffoon!

2 hours ago, Nigel said:

Jesus...he's a kid...a kid who has played about a dozen games!

some judgements on here are frankly ridiculous!

Welcome to VT. Problem is we respond to these ludicrous claims which makes conversations form. It's best just to ignore the really really stupid stuff. 

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's five months older than Callum O'Hare - I think we can afford to be patient.

I agree. I think we forget sometimes how young and at what stage in their development some of our players are and that some players obviously develop quicker than others. With Bree we also paid a fee so I think some expected him to be first team ready. A lot of clubs do what we have done though and buy for the future. Given we have a number of players at the arse end of their careers it is good we have looked more long term with Bree and Bedeau 

I am sure he will get a chance eventually.

Seems to be right down the pecking order for a starting place, around fourth choice by my reckoning. I’m always happy to see investment in the future, I just don’t see when he’ll  be deemed ready to play for us.

If we achieve promotion, he won’t be our first choice right back in the premier league. If we stay in the championship, I still see Elmo, RDL & (probably somehow) Hutton ahead of him. 

Not writing him off, as I’ve no real idea if he’s any good. I just don’t see an obvious trajectory for him here.

• Like 1

Â