James Bree

Barney_avfc

Looks like James Brittle is going to be the new Bennett....out of weeks with knocks.

Hutton must be the luckiest player alive...in exile here for years then gets a new 3 year deal and every RB we sign to replace him gets injured within a week of joining.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

Bring out the 5-3-2 again! I'd love to see Bree and Amavi as wing backs. With Hogan injured, we can always try the 3-4-3 that Chelsea play. I think that suits our available players at the moment anyway. 

It would be another new formation for Bruce to chalk off his long list anyway. 

A 3-4-3 under Bruce would be more like a 7-2-1 (with the 2 closer to the 7 than the 1!)

great news that bree could be fit, however presently Hutton at rb is least of our problems. 

I would personally rather see Bree as part of a back 4 than a back 5 too. 

• Like 1

Hutton is a trier, no doubt about that, but anything going up his side is just wasted as the guy is just not capable of delivering a decent ball and there never seems to be an end product on the right.. Better to instruct him to defend and not go forward as it just brings pressure on the defence when the ball is lost.

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

3-5-2 is an awful idea with Elphick and Chester starting. not a bit of pace, brains or technique in the back 3 to make it work

Sadly I agree, and under Bruce it will be a 5-2-2-1

Since the game wasn't on the telly and there was no match thread I'll ask here.

What formation were we playing when Bree came on for Adomah?

Edit: Adomah, not Kodija

Edited by sne

24 minutes ago, sne said:

Since the game wasn't on the telly and there was no match thread I'll ask here.

What formation were we playing when Bree came on for Kodija?

He came on for Adomah and he played rm, although he was deep (natural instinct). Nice to see him back and get a run out, but as expected in that position he was pretty anonymous 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

He came on for Adomah and he played rm, although he was deep (natural instinct). Nice to see him back and get a run out, but as expected in that position he was pretty anonymous 

Haha yeah sorry Adomah :blink:

Thank's

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, poitier said:

Got taken to the cleaners today, obviously it wasn't all down to him, but he failed to impose himself at all.

Thought our wing backs were both dreadful today - Fulham got far too many crosses in .

• Like 1

Both were poor, but I would like to see Bree in a back 4, rather than 5, a but more. He definitely has more about him going forward than Hutton does, which is probably why he tends to get the nod when SB moves to a back 5.

Would loaning him out next season be something we'll consider? Hutton has done a good job of late, RDL has experience at this level. Might be worth giving him another year at Barnsley or something. Though I've no idea if Bruce even rates RDL

42 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Both were poor, but I would like to see Bree in a back 4, rather than 5, a but more. He definitely has more about him going forward than Hutton does, which is probably why he tends to get the nod when SB moves to a back 5.

Would loaning him out next season be something we'll consider? Hutton has done a good job of late, RDL has experience at this level. Might be worth giving him another year at Barnsley or something. Though I've no idea if Bruce even rates RDL

Bree has proved capable in this division- I wouldn't loan him out - can see him replacing Hutton sooner rather than later but agree he is more suited to a back 4 .

• Like 2

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

Hmmm was all over the place yesterday. Still very young- one for the future I hope.. 

Don't think he's suited to 5 at the back. 

Then again, none of our players look comfortable with that formation either!

i think he'll come good.

Carrying on from the above formation, I don't like playing all three of our CBs as I think they all about as useless on the ball as each other. Jedi has played CB and while I don't like him there he could be decent in the below formation. When we have the ball let the wingers push on and tell Jedi to sit. We could really do with some pace at CB though.

We need to start looking at possession football and controlling the game. 

47b93c32687a5cf391447d7fa91a1560.png

Edited by AndyM3000

Â