• Adomah
    • Grealish
    • Agbonlahor
    • Bacuna (Lansbury 77)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Interesting. What we need to find out is who was managing us in the first half (clearly can't have been Bruce by your account, because he is shit) and make them manager for the whole 90 minutes.

I did acknowledge the sniff of an improvement. But good showings for 45 minutes ultimately are a waste of everyone's time for it if you're too incompetent to manage that through to the end. 

Poor management of striker situation for something that was known well in advance.

Either a massive misjudgement to think Gabby could do the job, or the decision has been made to throw the towel in on chasing this season hard already.

Problem is will Kodja be at Villa next season?

Edited by trevor
  • Like 1

1 point from 9 this month has killed out play off hopes - should have wrapped this win up at 2-0 but again we failed to perform for 90 minutes.

grealish really needs to start producing more end product - final poor is poor too often .

45 minutes ago, Rodders said:

absolutely appalling. after inept performances, we get half a sniff of improvement and toss it in the bin. Crap game management. Bruce is shit. I know we'll be stuck with him for a while as muddle along getting indifferent results with no genuine sign of improvement in setup, performance or output. It's early to call it I know, but I have no faith he'll do more than **** all with us as a side. He cannot inspire, he cannot manage us. He's old, whilst his record was decent before coming here, all records end and yet again Villa prove to be the graveyard of once competent professionals. 

Shit shit shit

Take a breath mate.

It's disappointing sure, but the first half shows what we are capable of and that was only with the addition of Lansbury. Once Hourihane ands Bree come in, wel'll begin to see a better shape, with more consistency and better results.

We've been shit for years, but things clearly are improving, so you're just gonna have to wait a little bit longer...

8 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Take a breath mate.

It's disappointing sure, but the first half shows what we are capable of and that was only with the addition of Lansbury. Once Hourihane ands Bree come in, wel'll begin to see a better shape, with more consistency and better results.

We've been shit for years, but things clearly are improving, so you're just gonna have to wait a little bit longer...

OT

please change your name

Just got back and what a game of two halves. At half time we should realistically been 4-0 up, we had ripped them apart. Second half we looked like a pub team and TBH we could have very easily lost. Once it was 2-2 it was the usual buttock clenching last 10 minutes as they always looked like they could nick it. Although we did put a few decent moves together second half we largely descended into the usual 'hit and hope' mode. 

Gabby to be fair worked his socks off and had a decent game as did Hutton going forward. Our biggest problem was that we really had no decent options on the bench, taking off Lansbury took all the bite out of midfield so that made matters worse. Ultimately we were punished for our very poor finishing in both halves.

Edited by Harry
  • Like 2

Watching the brief Sky highlights, Gabby did some decent things, the first goal was almost his. EDIT: Every other account says he was shocking

The two Preston goals were pathetic, the first all our players backed off and no one made even half a tackle, the second a completely unmarked header. We deserve to stay in this league.

Edited by VillanousOne

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I assume people have voted the ref as average because he generously gave us a penalty which, from where I was sat, looked a great tackle. 

He was **** horrendous

Agreed - apparently (yet again) the opposition can just kick the sh*t our of our flair players with minimum sanction. Oh and completely ignore the linesman flagging for fouls

Â