Tomb Raider

Risso

8 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I've enjoyed the PS4 Tomb Raiders but they really do not compare to the PS1 games at all, the latter were far more challenging and rewarding. 

The original Tomb Raider was the first console game I ever gotten in to. That puzzle with the alien copying everything that Lara did was brilliant. In Tomb Raider 2, I loved the Floating Islands level. That was freaky shit for its time.

I will have a soft spot for the first Tomb Raiders ( Not so much TR3, that was frustrating), but the new games add a lot more dimension to Lara's character, and in the process, making her more believable.

I can't say anything about the latest one, but the Tomb Raider remake did anything but make her more believable.

She's a sweet, innocent girl who's scared and out of her depth in cutscenes, seconds after I've been mowing men down by the dozen, it's ridiculous.

6 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I can't say anything about the latest one, but the Tomb Raider remake did anything but make her more believable.

She's a sweet, innocent girl who's scared and out of her depth in cutscenes, seconds after I've been mowing men down by the dozen, it's ridiculous.

True dat. But at least showing bipolar tendencies is still more personality than her channelling her inner T-1000 while shooting a bat.

Is it just me, or is the way she wriggles through a narrow crevice....kinda sexy?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, AJ said:

True dat. But at least showing bipolar tendencies is still more personality than her channelling her inner T-1000 while shooting a bat.

Is it just me, or is the way she wriggles through a narrow crevice....kinda sexy?

It was better in the last game.  More boobage.

4 hours ago, V01 said:

She makes more sex noises in the new one to balance it out. 

Fair point. In fact the only slightly annoying thing about the new one is when she's talking about any artefacts you find.  Every single description sounds like she's doing overtime on Babestation.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really really liking this game. It pisses all over Uncharted, i'm surprised it's gone so un-noticed really. The game play is great. I think i'm about 30% into the main campaign but there's so much other stuff to do too. In the time I've spent getting 30% of the way through this, I would have completed Uncharted. 

I love the bow and arrow and being stealth, it works so well. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I'm really really liking this game. It pisses all over Uncharted, i'm surprised it's gone so un-noticed really. The game play is great. I think i'm about 30% into the main campaign but there's so much other stuff to do too. In the time I've spent getting 30% of the way through this, I would have completed Uncharted. 

I love the bow and arrow and being stealth, it works so well. 

Absolutely. As I've said before, I'm convinced that there's some sort of unwritten rule that says that Uncharted must be given 10/10 GOTY reviews at all times, just because it's a PS exclusive, with Tomb Raider not getting as much love, despite being a far superior game, for having the temerity to come out on X Box first.

Gameplay - better

Free roaming in hub areas - better

Climbing - better

Combat - better

Weapons - far more varied

Style of play - far more varied

Puzzles - better

Ah but it hasn't got hours of crap pseudo Indiana Jones talking bits breaking up the shite gameplay, oh what a shame, but FWIW, I loved the storyline of the lost tribe in the Himalayan valley, think it worked really well.  I also like the "Lost" feel to the last one as well.

• Like 1

It's bloody good game. It's always going to get the Uncharted comparison but it's more of a game than that series.

Only thing I really held against it is it slightly outstays its welcome imo. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/6/2017 at 20:13, Chindie said:

It's bloody good game. It's always going to get the Uncharted comparison but it's more of a game than that series.

Only thing I really held against it is it slightly outstays its welcome imo. 

I get what you mean, but I think it's down to individual choice.  You can just fire through the main story line, or take your time and do all of the side quests and trophies.

Â