Why don't we roar?

Dodgyknees

1 hour ago, hippo said:

We are aren't we ?

Where is the evidence that we aren't behind the team ?

#lookingforproblemsthatarentthere

To be fair the atmosphere is pretty dead. When we get going ( or the team gives us something to get behind) we are impressive but all too often there are massive lulls, especially in the 3pm  Saturday games.

It is just a shame our away support cannot be translated to that at home.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

To be fair the atmosphere is pretty dead. When we get going ( or the team gives us something to get behind) we are impressive but all too often there are massive lulls, especially in the 3pm  Saturday games.

Our away support has been shocking lately. Not in terms of following, the numbers have been as fantastic as ever, but in terms of atmosphere.  I have been to most aways this season and lately we have been so quiet. Wolves was absolutely shocking. Norwich was the worst I have ever seen it and Cardiff was pretty crap too. The last decent away atmosphere was Brighton on the Friday night. 

10 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

The Holte is such a big stand the noise just gets lost, a lot of the away support say that we aren't noisy but the sound from the back of the Holte to them has to travel about 1400 miles ffs! Our away support are tremendous tbf and are a credit to the club, just a shame the players aren't.

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

But surely that's not unique to Aston Villa ?  - Thats just football in general......

I took a German business associate to Villa 2-1 Chelsea a number of years ago.

I got tickets in the middle of the Holte

He admitted to being scared shitless when the 2-1 went in

Holte-Enders in the sk-yyyyyyyy

• Like 1

It's why we should have standing areas and at least part of them should be for people who want to sing. I know allocated areas are shite but it's one of the few things that would sort it.

As I say I sing pretty much whole game, in fact me and two guys three or four rows back will endlessly sing when the villa go marching in if nothing else is happening, and it often restarts people. But that's the back of the Holte so how much is heard elsewhere is debatable.

But it isn't just Villa, or Football.

I went to a singalong Christmas Carol concert in the Symphony Hall three days before Christmas because I wanted a full throated ' belt out' of songs.

Yet even there, in an audience who had paid good money specifically to sing along, the amount who did was pitiful, as was those many whose idea of singing was to mutter the words to themselves. It was SO bad I couldn't bear to sit through it !

So it's Us as people really.

• Like 1

I know it's difficult when the on pitch displays aren't great but it works the other way too. Raising the noise levels when little is going on can push players on. There's no real reason why it can't be noisy thoughout the game rather than at kick-off/winning a corner. 12th man. Inspire, motivate, etc. A hushed atmosphere raises the tension and no doubt that translates onto the pitch. The players need to do their bit but the whole point of fans is to get behind the club when it's needed the most. 

• Like 1

I know it's shit on the field and has been for years but I do wish the fans would get behind the team more. It's not just a villa problem though. I do believe fans can make a positive and a negative impact on players. A loud villa park is a rarity these days but when it is loud it's beautiful.

Why dont we roar? :D

What a load of cringeworthy shite.

People should "roar" when the team gives us a reason too. In the last 6 years we have had to sit through caveman tactics, an abysmal home record, shit football, shit players, shit managers, humiliating defeats against lower league rubbish and general car crash.

The team has given us absolutely nothing so they should get nothing back. This isnt a charity. This team is supposed to give us pleasure, that's its sole purpose yet they have given us nothing but unrelenting misery. The team can go **** themselves.

Edited by R.Bear
  • Like 1

Â