Why don't we roar?

Dodgyknees

Why don't we roar the team on for the rest of the season?

Is it really going to hurt to get behind the team to create some momentum? We should be as loud as we can be and get behind the team and the players - whoever is wearing the shirt.

I remember going to games as a kid and being blown away by the atmosphere and the feeling. Why can't we do that now, even for the months leading to the end of the season?

Oh and, why not mention some memories of a noisy Villa Park too... ? :)

• Like 1

Been going to the villa since late 70s but the best atmosphere I saw ever was the European game between Scotland and holland in 96 - the place was literally shaking with the noice created .

as for fans roaring the team now - its hard to do so when some players stroll around looking like they couldn't give a toss.

I get the sentiment mate but the team has to put in performances that get the crowd excited and they just don't. I honestly don't mind results so much but having a crack week in week out is important. As an overseas fan I have always followed closely ie listened, watched or followed commentary but lately I'll concede I can't be bothered. I get up in the morning and I'm rarely shocked by the result and have rarely regretted not following. I still love the Villa but they are uninspiring to say the least. 

• Like 1

The noise level noticeably lowered when the seating replaced the standing at the Holte End. There has since also been little to shout about although there have been games since then where the performance of the team helped raise the decibels. These included our wins against WBA 2 years ago, against Blackburn in the 2010 semi-final and the wins against both Ajax & Small Heath in 2008.

For me the noise we made when George Curtis prepared to take his free kick against Bournemouth in 1972, against Manchester United in our 1970 LCSF win, in 1974 when we taunted Bob Wilson during our FA Cup replay win against Arsenal and in 1976 when we were 5-1 up at half-time against Liverpool are vivid memories for me of how noisy we have been in the past. 

However I have no doubt that the noise levels will be cranked up to the maximum if our team maintains their unbeaten run and has a real go at making the top 6 during the rest of this season.        

Its a common theme amongst fans of different teams.

"Inset team name" have the loudest fans....We out sung "insert team name" blah blah blah :)

I have been following football for years and in my experience a teams fans are loud when they have something to shout about!!

We don't have a team that inspires us, therefore we are not loud very often!

You can forget all the bullshit that comes from other teams fans....we are all the same!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

Its a common theme amongst fans of different teams.

"Inset team name" have the loudest fans....We out sung "insert team name" blah blah blah :)

I have been following football for years and in my experience a teams fans are loud when they have something to shout about!!

We don't have a team that inspires us, therefore we are not loud very often!

You can forget all the bullshit that comes from other teams fans....we are all the same!

Agreed.  Every single English set of fans are the same.

Germans put us to shame though.  Singing and creating and atmosphere is part of the day and the game is part of the day, but what's happening with one doesn't have to tie in with the other.

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Agreed.  Every single English set of fans are the same.

Germans put us to shame though.  Singing and creating and atmosphere is part of the day and the game is part of the day, but what's happening with one doesn't have to tie in with the other.

Thats not purely down to fans though , our authorities call us hooligans if we do anything out of the ordinary , and ban flags banners and drums

21 hours ago, John said:

The noise level noticeably lowered when the seating replaced the standing at the Holte End. There has since also been little to shout about although there have been games since then where the performance of the team helped raise the decibels. These included our wins against WBA 2 years ago, against Blackburn in the 2010 semi-final and the wins against both Ajax & Small Heath in 2008.

For me the noise we made when George Curtis prepared to take his free kick against Bournemouth in 1972, against Manchester United in our 1970 LCSF win, in 1974 when we taunted Bob Wilson during our FA Cup replay win against Arsenal and in 1976 when we were 5-1 up at half-time against Liverpool are vivid memories for me of how noisy we have been in the past. 

However I have no doubt that the noise levels will be cranked up to the maximum if our team maintains their unbeaten run and has a real go at making the top 6 during the rest of this season.        

Those games against Bournemouth, ManU (Best) & Liverpool are some of the best memories ever.

I was in the Holte for those 1st 2, Witton v Plop.

I walked all the way to and back home for all three Games (Great Barr - Top of Aldridge Road/Shady Lane)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DK82 said:

Why don't we roar the team on for the rest of the season?

Is it really going to hurt to get behind the team to create some momentum? We should be as loud as we can be and get behind the team and the players - whoever is wearing the shirt.

I remember going to games as a kid and being blown away by the atmosphere and the feeling. Why can't we do that now, even for the months leading to the end of the season?

Oh and, why not mention some memories of a noisy Villa Park too... ? :)

We are aren't we ?

Where is the evidence that we aren't behind the team ?

#lookingforproblemsthatarentthere

Â