Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Villan_of_oz

"ad free" and donation issues

Recommended Posts

It looks like I did something dumb.

If you've lost access to anything, can you find your last payment in your paypal account and PM me the transaction id for a refund. You can re-subscribe if you wish by visiting the store. If the system says you can't subscribe to what you want to, PM me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/01/2017 at 19:51, limpid said:

The issue has no been escalated within PayPal. That means there is no resolution date. The issues that you two are having should be fixed and as I know how to fix them now, I'll watch out for new payments going through until we get a fix.

If anyone else gets affected, please post here or PM me.

Thanks

Hi limpid. I am getting ads as well

Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought my top-quality posting had earned me a free year when I saw my payment refunded tonight.

After nearly a decade on here (officially), I'm finally getting the hang of checking in here before firing off an email to Limpid :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure when I was due to subscribe again, but I've done it anyway as I lost everything. Ads and access to here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

So I should pay where now? To scribe? 

Please click ”store" at the top of any page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Genuine question, if I donate £20, will you do a cover version of 'She's Lying' with @Designer1?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Designer1 said:

the ****?

It'd be a great rendition. I believe in you both!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does ad-free not include access to the clearing any more or do I need reattached?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, choffer said:

Does ad-free not include access to the clearing any more or do I need reattached?

It never did. Advert free just removes the adverts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, limpid said:

It never did. Advert free just removes the adverts.

Oh balls. I made exactly that same mistake last year, didn't I? :wacko:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 31/01/2017 at 06:59, limpid said:

It never did. Advert free just removes the adverts.

Just out of interest, is there a rationale for having an ad-free option at £20 when there's also a donation at £20 which gives you ad-free and the clearing? Is it just to catch out puddings like me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, choffer said:

Just out of interest, is there a rationale for having an ad-free option at £20 when there's also a donation at £20 which gives you ad-free and the clearing? Is it just to catch out puddings like me?

Donations don't remove the adverts. Have I messed up the wording somewhere?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, limpid said:

Donations don't remove the adverts. Have I messed up the wording somewhere?

It's more likely my comprehension than anything. I was always under the impression that having donated, you were able to go ad-free? I'm inferring from what you're saying, choosing ad-free is the only way to remove adverts. Is that correct?

 

Edit: Having checked, it's fairly clear that donating doesn't allow you to remove adverts so my instinct that my comprehension skills are lacking was correct after all.

Edited by choffer
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a way to get the monthly options (Donation and Ad Free) to automatically renew every month?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Designer1 said:

Is there a way to get the monthly options (Donation and Ad Free) to automatically renew every month?

Though only payment processor that offers this is paypal and their backend is still broken. Until they fix it, no there isn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, limpid said:

Though only payment processor that offers this is paypal and their backend is still broken. Until they fix it, no there isn't.

Cheers Si.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed this before the recent upgrade, but wanted to wait a few days to see if anything changed, but it hasn't- I recently donated, but cannot access the donors forum, or w/e it's called..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I noticed this before the recent upgrade, but wanted to wait a few days to see if anything changed, but it hasn't- I recently donated, but cannot access the donors forum, or w/e it's called..

I can only find an invoice for you purchasing "advert free". There is no invoice for a donation.

Please let me know if the product descriptions aren't clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...
Â