"ad free" and donation issues

Villan_of_oz

Question

On 20/01/2017 at 19:51, limpid said:

The issue has no been escalated within PayPal. That means there is no resolution date. The issues that you two are having should be fixed and as I know how to fix them now, I'll watch out for new payments going through until we get a fix.

If anyone else gets affected, please post here or PM me.

Thanks

Hi limpid. I am getting ads as well

Thanks 

I thought my top-quality posting had earned me a free year when I saw my payment refunded tonight.

After nearly a decade on here (officially), I'm finally getting the hang of checking in here before firing off an email to Limpid :)

• Like 1
On 31/01/2017 at 06:59, limpid said:

It never did. Advert free just removes the adverts.

Just out of interest, is there a rationale for having an ad-free option at £20 when there's also a donation at £20 which gives you ad-free and the clearing? Is it just to catch out puddings like me?

3 hours ago, choffer said:

Just out of interest, is there a rationale for having an ad-free option at £20 when there's also a donation at £20 which gives you ad-free and the clearing? Is it just to catch out puddings like me?

Donations don't remove the adverts. Have I messed up the wording somewhere?

21 minutes ago, limpid said:

Donations don't remove the adverts. Have I messed up the wording somewhere?

It's more likely my comprehension than anything. I was always under the impression that having donated, you were able to go ad-free? I'm inferring from what you're saying, choosing ad-free is the only way to remove adverts. Is that correct?

Edit: Having checked, it's fairly clear that donating doesn't allow you to remove adverts so my instinct that my comprehension skills are lacking was correct after all.

Edited by choffer
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Designer1 said:

Is there a way to get the monthly options (Donation and Ad Free) to automatically renew every month?

Though only payment processor that offers this is paypal and their backend is still broken. Until they fix it, no there isn't.

37 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I noticed this before the recent upgrade, but wanted to wait a few days to see if anything changed, but it hasn't- I recently donated, but cannot access the donors forum, or w/e it's called..

I can only find an invoice for you purchasing "advert free". There is no invoice for a donation.

Please let me know if the product descriptions aren't clear.

Â