"ad free" and donation issues

Villan_of_oz

Question

2 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Sorry if this wrong thread but seemed the closest I could find....

Basically I pay for ad free but the last few days I've had ads. I've tried signing in on a different device and the same thing...

Like it says at the top of this forum. Start a new thread for new issues. I've split this out.

For some reason the site doesn't think you've paid, even though you have. I'll raise a support ticket.

7 hours ago, limpid said:

Like it says at the top of this forum. Start a new thread for new issues. I've split this out.

For some reason the site doesn't think you've paid, even though you have. I'll raise a support ticket.

My apologies and thank you

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, TrinityRoadSteps said:

Although I pay an ad free subscription I am getting ads appear. I have logged off and on. Have cleared cache and cookies. I am also locked out of the donors only forum 

Looks like it's affecting other people. I'll get this escalated.

Thanks for the reports.

PS, Just to clarify for other readers (not you :)) the ad free doesn't get you access to the donors only forum.

7 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Hey mate not too fussed but just letting you know I'm still having an issue. Sorry if I'm jumping the gun and it hasn't been looked at yet just keeping you updated

Thanks but as the site isn't down this will only get looked at in office hours. I'll let you know when they update me.

The issue has no been escalated within PayPal. That means there is no resolution date. The issues that you two are having should be fixed and as I know how to fix them now, I'll watch out for new payments going through until we get a fix.

If anyone else gets affected, please post here or PM me.

Thanks

23 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Yeah, I am getting ads again now. Second month in a row this has happened at renewal time.

I've received your payment through PayPal, but there is nothing showing in VT. This time there isn't anything for me to fix :(

Let me know if you want to cancel your subscription and I'll refund this payment. I'll post in this topic when it gets fixed. (Click follow in the top right to be notified.)

On 22/01/2017 at 20:15, limpid said:

I've received your payment through PayPal, but there is nothing showing in VT. This time there isn't anything for me to fix :(

Let me know if you want to cancel your subscription and I'll refund this payment. I'll post in this topic when it gets fixed. (Click follow in the top right to be notified.)

I have cancelled my subscription now. My status was still expired even though the payment had gone through. I'll probably try re-subscribing sometime soon, see if that helps. Don't worry about the refund Limpid.

• Like 1

I've added a new payment processor - Stripe. Currently you can only pay by this method and not PayPal. I'll reactivate PayPal once they fix their issue and you'll have a choice.

I'm going to cancel the PayPal subscriptions from my end so your next renewal will fail. Please resubscribe using one of the payments types available at the time.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

It looks like I did something dumb.

If you've lost access to anything, can you find your last payment in your paypal account and PM me the transaction id for a refund. You can re-subscribe if you wish by visiting the store. If the system says you can't subscribe to what you want to, PM me.

Â