Ratings and Reactions: Wolves v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

21 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Sorry but that's bullshit. How can Bruce be at fault for mccormacks pathetic miss? 3 goals all season. He has no one but himself yo blame. We got ripped off (yet again)

But we didn't. He was absolutely destroying teams by himself for Fulham, who are in this division if you haven't noticed. He has been poor but manager has played him in all sorts of positions and we don't create chances. Bruce will be gone by the end of the season, just a matter of time before people realise how limited he is when he doesn't have "his own squad" as an excuse.

The players body language looked poor from the first whistle.

2 passages of play stuck out for me and i think epitomise where we are at the moment. 

1) Mccormack offside from a free kick in the first half, which lead to him having a tantrum. He was stood about 8 yards offside presumably awaiting a diagonal cross for him then to become active in the 2nd phase following a nock down. Amavi took it short and he was subsequently flagged off a few seconds later. Genuinly, what are they doing on the training ground that they cant even coordinate the most basic of set pieces.

2) Very late on Bacuna recieved a pass from Jedinak that he simply didnt expect/want to recieve. Saying he was caught on his heels would be an understatement, his body language suggested that he was shocked that he was expected to contribute any more to that attack and it was only because it was zinged straight at him that he was able to keep posession. I think worryingly it showed that the fight had gone way before the final whistle.

Adomah now very much looks like a Villa winger (of the last few years). He didnt play with belief and look to beat his man with  the drive and determination that he did when he arrived. He looked like he was playing the role of a winger but didnt truly believe that he could take on the full back and produce something. I dont mean to single out Adomah but thats just how i see it. Gabbys an easier example. He still makes runs and chases down lost causes but only because thats what a moderately fast forward should be doing. Ten years ago it was hunger and instinct that was getting him there but i no longer believe that he necessarily wants to get on the end of these balls. Maybe im doing them a disservice i dunno.

Last thing, other than these fundamental issus the main frustration of yesterday was that we didnt ask what was a visibly fragile Wolves side one decent question.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Chap of Steel said:

We won't get very far as long while Hutton and Agbonlahor are in the starting XI. We haven't scored after conceding the first goal in any away match this season...

sadly at present we have no-one better .

On 1/14/2017 at 21:46, PaulC said:

That really isn't the case though is it. McCormack 66 goals in his last three seasons, Elphick and Jedinak both key players in their teams promotion campaigns.

The same mccormack who has been struggling for fitness all season?

The same Elphick who was injured for the majority of last season?

The same jedinak who struggled to get into palacesstarting 11?

World beaters, clearly...  Also not signed by Bruce and Bruce has gotten much more out of them than RDM did. So yeah i think my comments pretty spot on

• Like 1

Â