Jump to content

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Is it me or he had a bit of a swagger today? Looks like he has settled in much better than Lansbury. Perhaps he is best in a 3 man midfield?

He got more of a swagger following his assist. He's very much a confidence man, like when he gets a goal he then always looks better and looks like getting another. Think it was his first assist of the season so raised his confidence again. He should be our dedicated set piece taker, every time we look like scoring.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter
30 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

He got more of a swagger following his assist. He's very much a confidence man, like when he gets a goal he then always looks better and looks like getting another. Think it was his first assist of the season so raised his confidence again. He should be our dedicated set piece taker, every time we look like scoring.

Agree with all of your post, but particularly the bolded part. I was very annoyed in the first half when Snodgrass took a free-kick centralish with his left foot, and promptly drilled it into the wall. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Is it me or he had a bit of a swagger today? Looks like he has settled in much better than Lansbury. Perhaps he is best in a 3 man midfield?

I said earlier in the thread that he looks very much a confidence player (i guess you could say the same about a lot of players). 

He just didn't look at the races in the earlier part of his career but he turned into a totally different player after his hattrick. 

Great performance yesterday, he is beginning to look like the player we signed. The only thing that suprised me yesterday was that in a 3 man midfield Onamah was choosen for the more advanced role. I see Onomah as the more traditional midfeld player and Hurihane suited to a more advanced role.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Agree with all of your post, but particularly the bolded part. I was very annoyed in the first half when Snodgrass took a free-kick centralish with his left foot, and promptly drilled it into the wall. 

I don't disagree at all with that. What i would say though is that Snodgrass also came with a bit of a reputation as a set piece taker, so i imagine that like it or not we will continue to see them share the responsibility. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

A painfully limited player.

Really?

Thought it was his best overall performance on Saturday. Won plenty in the middle and pulled the strings for all our attacks. Great set piece as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
7 minutes ago, Dick said:

Getting better and better because his all round game is improving. Miles ahead of Lansbury.

He is becoming more rounded, which is what we need from him.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TRO said:

He is becoming more rounded, which is what we need from him.

Yep. And I think he will continue to improve and have an impact. Reminds me of Petrov.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BOF said:

He seems to be limited to passing, assisting, scoring and set pieces, with the odd tackle thrown in.

Exactly. He's come on no-end since last season, where he looked a bit sheepish. Most complete midfielder/player we have. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Exactly. He's come on no-end since last season, where he looked a bit sheepish. Most complete midfielder/player we have. 

I don't think Bruce had any faith in him last season and it showed. Even when he first came in from the cold this year he was (imo) the one player Bruce would consistently get on the back of during a game if a mistake were to occur. Whether it would be not challenging in the air, jumping out of tackles or not winning the ball when it was there to be wOn.

I think Hourihane has come on a hell of a lot in the last 3 months. I didn't watch him at Barnsley so not sure if he did the dirty work or not...but he is certainly doing that now.

Edited by rodders0223
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I don't think Bruce had any faith in him last season and it showed. Even when he first came in from the cold this year he was (imo) the one player Bruce would consistently get on the back of during a game if a mistake where to occue. Whether it would be not challenging in the air, jumping out of tackles or not winning the ball when it was there to be win.

I think Hourihane has come on a hell of a lot in the last 3 months. I didn't watch him at Barnsley so not sure if he did the dirty work or not...but he is certainly doing that now.

He was near the top in the league in terms of interceptions before we signed him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

He's a good player for us, I do think he lacks a really good through ball but other than that his delivery is great, he has a very good shot, good at all set pieces, keeps the ball well, reads the game well and does an underrated defensive job in terms of his ability to make interceptions. He's one of the best central midfielders in the league and could do a job for a bottom 8 premier league club. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

He does so many little things right. He retains the ball so well. He also seems to pop up and poke balls away from midfielders a lot. Conor has been very good for us so far. Having him on set pieces also gives us a whole new threat. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â