Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Superb what a bargain1.5m was it? Magnificent

He is really showing us what he’s about now. Was all over the pitch today - put a shift in and that free kick was a peach

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter

Thought he was very good today.

I don't want to take anything away from his goal. it was a well taken free kick.

But their keeper wants shooting for the positioning of his wall. From where I was sitting I could see straight away what Conor was going to do. The wall was way too far over.

Conor won't score an easier free kick than that.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought he was too deep initially with whelan actually pressing ahead of him. He grew into the game and once he had scored his influence grew even more. 

I agree with the above, his run up for the free kick was a very strange angle. I said at the time that the keeper from that run up should only be beaten if it goes top corner as that side of the goal was all he could go for. Not taking anything away from him as the whip he got on it was incredible, but no keeper should be beaten with a low shot from that angle.

A goal scoring midfielder is such a pleasure to see at VP as the last we had was Milner and before that you're probably going back to Townsend/ Richardson and neither were prolific.

edit;

Actually Taylor was probably the better

Edited by mikeyp102
Link to post
Share on other sites

Now proving why a lot of people were quite excited by his signing. Now he's settled and beginning to kick on a gear he's showing how vital he is to our midfield.

It's funny that the two undroppable players at the moment are Adomah and Hourihane, both players fans have been screaming for all season and both players Bruce has been reluctant to play! In fact this is the team a majority of fans wanted to see in August, save for the surprise package of Davis.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
9 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Thought he was too deep initially with whelan actually pressing ahead of him. He grew into the game and once he had scored his influence grew even more. 

I agree with the above, his run up for the free kick was a very strange angle. I said at the time that the keeper from that run up should only be beaten if it goes top corner as that side of the goal was all he could go for. Not taking anything away from him as the whip he got on it was incredible, but no keeper should be beaten with a low shot from that angle.

A goal scoring midfielder is such a pleasure to see at VP as the last we had was Milner and before that you're probably going back to Townsend/ Richardson and neither were prolific.

edit;

Actually Taylor was probably the better

It really wasn't. 

Again I like Hourihane and I think he played well yesterday. But the wall for that goal was set up in totally the wrong place.

I honestly think a sunday league player would have had a decent chance of scoring that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It really wasn't. 

Again I like Hourihane and I think he played well yesterday. But the wall for that goal was set up in totally the wrong place.

I honestly think a sunday league player would have had a decent chance of scoring that. 

I take your point about the wall being badly positioned but it’s been an awfully long time since we had a villa midfielder who has been able to repeatedly take advantage. With Bacuna there was a 10% chance it would have gone in the top corner and a 90% chance it would have hit a chip van outside the ground.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sgl said:

With Bacuna there was a 10% chance it would have gone in the top corner and a 90% chance it would have hit a chip van outside the ground.

Was just looking at the league table and thought what on earth has happened to Reading. You've just reminded me!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter
2 minutes ago, Sgl said:

I take your point about the wall being badly positioned but it’s been an awfully long time since we had a villa midfielder who has been able to repeatedly take advantage. With Bacuna there was a 10% chance it would have gone in the top corner and a 90% chance it would have hit a chip van outside the ground.

That's very generous to Bacuna :)

Yeah i take your point, and I was exaggerating a bit above. I'm just shocked at how poor the wall was. They couldn't have made it much easier for Hourihane.

Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â