Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

16 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Anyone watching the Swansea game? Looks like Hourihane has been subbed off early on, so presumably injury. Hope nothing too serious.

Foul by Bacuna, never liked him, didn't look bad bad to be honest, so hopefully not a serious one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Foul by Bacuna, never liked him

That's a word removed I've not thought about in a very long time.

The Champions League ambitions never panned out, eh? Who'd have thought.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Haha 1

On 16/03/2021 at 22:17, Keyblade said:

You know how everybody is slating Barkley and his performances right now? That's basically Conor every game for us in the PL (and a lot in the Championship too if I'm being completely honest).

Except he is always an option receive a pass, moves it on quickly and contributes goals and assists in the PL at a quicker rate than anyone but the top tier of wingers, CAMs and strikers. 

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Foul by Bacuna, never liked him, didn't look bad bad to be honest, so hopefully not a serious one.

I didn't think it even looked like a foul? Looked more like it was caused by Hourihane stretching to reach the ball before Bacuna got to it after he miscontrolled the ball?

41 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Except he is always an option receive a pass, moves it on quickly and contributes goals and assists in the PL at a quicker rate than anyone but the top tier of wingers, CAMs and strikers. 

Went missing most games and made our midfield easier to walk through by the opposition team but great when we had set pieces and we haven’t had a set piece person since.

Edited by nick76

8 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

I didn't think it even looked like a foul? Looked more like it was caused by Hourihane stretching to reach the ball before Bacuna got to it after he miscontrolled the ball?

Correct, seen replay now. Bacuna half pulled out too.

• Like 1

On 20/03/2021 at 20:05, Davkaus said:

That's a word removed I've not thought about in a very long time.

The Champions League ambitions never panned out, eh? Who'd have thought.

He was misquoted, he had Championship ambitions

On 20/03/2021 at 20:46, Keyblade said:

Absolutely not, that's his main issue. He hides and takes too long to move the ball.

McGinn doesn't hide, but he's just the same. Too long on the ball and gets caught far too often.

Hourihane and McGinn are not good enough for where Villa want to be.

• Like 1

Just now, mickjacobjr said:

Hourihane days at Villa are done really a decent servant in championship but that’s his level u can see that in the Premier League and is shocking for our National team even thou we are very poor at min 

I think its Ireland vs Luxemburg this week, definitely a Conor game. Serbia might be too much for him 

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think its Ireland vs Luxemburg this week, definitely a Conor game. Serbia might be too much for him 

Looking at the midfielders that have been picked, he's the best of them.

4 minutes ago, mickjacobjr said:

Poorest Ireland squad in 30 yrs at min midfield. Probably weakest Area 

30 years ago Ireland got to the World Cup quarter finals. I think this squad is a tad worse. Late 80s to md 90s Ireland actually had a good team. The Big Jack era.

Edited by The Fun Factory

6 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Looking at the midfielders that have been picked, he's the best of them.

Yeah, is a little bit of hype about Molumby and Cullen but not sure experienced enough. Knight looked good in the last games I saw but probably Hourihane and Browne

Oh how them pundits that said Whelan was shit for 10 years must be loving it now 😂

4 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

30 years ago Ireland got to the World Cup quarter finals. I think this squad is a tad worse. Late 80s to md 90s Ireland actually had a good team. The Big Jack era.

The funniest thing of it all is Hendrick gets £90000 a week at Newcastle 😂

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

24 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yeah, is a little bit of hype about Molumby and Cullen but not sure experienced enough. Knight looked good in the last games I saw but probably Hourihane and Browne

Oh how them pundits that said Whelan was shit for 10 years must be loving it now 😂

Rooney has been giving Knight rave reviews lately to be fair and he's captain for them so I'd say he'll start. I just read that Hourihane is out. So Browne and Hendrick will start I think. Although I don't think any of them are a holding mid which Kenny likes so Molumby could start as the 6.

A Glenn Whelan that we had in the championship would actually walk in to that team.

Hourihane has been an unmitigated disaster for us (Swansea) and that view is almost universally held now

I've never seen a pro footballer who can't even run let alone tackle. Since he's come in he's completely unbalanced the side and lost all energy or zip. His close control is very poor and he hides every game. The odd free kick doesn't go anywhere near enough to compensate for all that.

Also think he didn't fancy it one bit v Cardiff and couldn't wait to get off. Please take him back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, T2CSCFC said:

Hourihane has been an unmitigated disaster for us (Swansea) and that view is almost universally held now

I've never seen a pro footballer who can't even run let alone tackle. Since he's come in he's completely unbalanced the side and lost all energy or zip. His close control is very poor and he hides every game. The odd free kick doesn't go anywhere near enough to compensate for all that.

Also think he didn't fancy it one bit v Cardiff and couldn't wait to get off. Please take him back.

Thanks for the feedback. Which I'm not surprised by. He was a fantastic pro for us, but definitely would go missing in games and didn't have the legs for high energy.

It's not a shock that a few on this forum have been trying to say Conor should still be here because he can do a job. 

Genuinely hope Swansea come up, have a bit of a soft spot for them and was actually at the Johnstone paint final (equivalent sponsor) from that year, when they beat Carlisle (I think) 1-0 and Trundle scored a worldie volley at the millennium stadium. The Swansea fans I was with made a huge thing about it being in Cardiff too which was fun!

Â