Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Swansea being in promotion form before he joined doesn't detract from the fact that he's doing well on loan, not sure why people are trying to use that as a way of putting him down, their form before he joined would only be relevant if they were doing well then and were now doing poorly after he joined them, but that's clearly not the case, they've continued to do well, and Hourihane has played his part in that scoring four goals in five games.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter
49 minutes ago, useless said:

Swansea being in promotion form before he joined doesn't detract from the fact that he's doing well on loan, not sure why people are trying to use that as a way of putting him down, their form before he joined would only be relevant if they were doing well then and were now doing poorly after he joined them, but that's clearly not the case, they've continued to do well, and Hourihane has played his part in that scoring four goals in five games.

We're not trying to put him down mate. Only in your head is that happening.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter

Conor Hourihane is scoring a few goals for Swansea,right now,but he did that with us.....he was played and appraised as a holding player with us....when he was not...his skill set lies further upfield.

We need to play players in their correct position, then evaluate them.

He was played too deep and expected to do things, that was not natural to him.

I felt a bit sorry for him really, played wrong imo.

Edited by TRO
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, TRO said:

Conor Hourihane is scoring a few goals for Swansea,right now,but he did that with us.....he was played and appraised as a holding player with us....when he was not...his skill set lies further upfield.

We need to play players in their correct position, then evaluate them.

He was played too deep and expected to do things, that was not natural to him.

I felt a bit sorry for him really, played wrong imo.

He was given plenty of chances in plenty of positions and played exactly like he always does. He's Darren Bent but plays in midfield. He have made zero impact on any of our recent games.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Funnily enough we could do with him now that the goals have dried up for his set pieces 

We really need someone to step up in this facet of play maybe sanson can take one 

If you look at the end of last season it was set plays we were most likely to score from

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter
41 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He was given plenty of chances in plenty of positions and played exactly like he always does. He's Darren Bent but plays in midfield. He have made zero impact on any of our recent games.

I am not banging the drum, for a return, but he does score goals and he can take a mean set piece, something we would be happy to have in the team.....its an attribute we have lost.....its all about having an array of attributes in the side.

as an example.....you can be a defender and play without a goal keeper, but it doesn't matter where across the back four they put you, you will struggle.

my point is, Conor in my opinion to be valued needs to play in front of a good defence and that includes a goid defensive midfielder.

not saying, that makes him perfect, just saying his lightweight reputation, may have looked less obvious.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, gaffer85 said:

Funnily enough we could do with him now that the goals have dried up for his set pieces 

We really need someone to step up in this facet of play maybe sanson can take one 

If you look at the end of last season it was set plays we were most likely to score from

We really do need a free kick taker. So many chances wasted at the moment. I'm not saying Conor is it, but maybe Sanson? At least lets have a proper look at him.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TRO said:

as an example.....you can be a defender and play without a goal keeper, but it doesn't matter where across the back four they put you, you will struggle

Think this was meant for the Nyland thread TRO.

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We know he can produce the goods in the championship. Nothing new there. He's not good enough for the prem, though, and we've seen that. Move on. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he’s probably played his last match for us, but we could have used him on the pitch today. Really shows we lack something in the middle.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Enda said:

I think he’s probably played his last match for us, but we could have used him on the pitch today. Really shows we lack something in the middle.

U wot pal?

Conor against a low block? The bloke is the most limited passer in the squad.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

U wot pal?

Conor against a low block? The bloke is the most limited passer in the squad.

Well he’s not the most limited passer in the squad, that’s exaggerating, but I wasn’t claiming he was the ideal man for the job. Conor is an attacking threat against weaker sides (he is scoring every other week in the Championship, and Sheffield are basically a Championship side at this stage) and would have been an option for us. But because he’s not a very good footballer, it highlights we lack those options when Jack is out.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's interesting; i certainly haven't seen much from McGinn this season. A couple of decent performances perhaps, one could argue we see a couple from Conor too in a Villa shirt.

Against Sheff. Utd would Conor have given us more than McGinn, maybe who knows.

I still don't really know what McGinn does apart from give the ball away and get out-muscled.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

It's interesting; i certainly haven't seen much from McGinn this season. A couple of decent performances perhaps, one could argue we see a couple from Conor too in a Villa shirt.

Against Sheff. Utd would Conor have given us more than McGinn, maybe who knows.

I still don't really know what McGinn does apart from give the ball away and get out-muscled.

I think what Hourihane could have provided last night would have been better deliveries into the box. But I’ll counter that by saying that I’m in the camp that don’t think he’s quite good enough for Premier League. Also think you’re correct on McGinn, endeavour only gets you so far. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree.

For me Conor does seem a little less 'rabbit in the headlights' about him than McGinn.

Personally I think both are poor PL players and that Championship is their level. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I agree.

For me Conor does seem a little less 'rabbit in the headlights' about him than McGinn.

Personally I think both are poor PL players and that Championship is their level. 

You've got McGinn and Hourihane pinned at the same level?

Link to post
Share on other sites

He's a goal threat and thats important when you need to score goals. If he had been on the bench i thing he would have got on the pitch. And as Edna has pointed out he's the type of player who's used of playing against the  Sheffield Utd of this league. Samson looked completely phased by their physical style, in fact he looked shocked after one shove he got , a true wtf moment from him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/02/2021 at 00:09, useless said:

Swansea being in promotion form before he joined doesn't detract from the fact that he's doing well on loan, not sure why people are trying to use that as a way of putting him down, their form before he joined would only be relevant if they were doing well then and were now doing poorly after he joined them, but that's clearly not the case, they've continued to do well, and Hourihane has played his part in that scoring four goals in five games.

 

And his replacement sanson .......well not much ..

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â