Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

33 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

How much could we realistically command? £10-13m?

if swansea get promoted and he's a key part of that we can definitely command a higher fee. like bournemouth did with mings, the fans would'nt have stood for us not signing him so bournemouth had us over a barrell to a certain extent. we could do the same with conor as the fans would be calling out to make his loan perminant.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I would say £6m/£7m as he will be in the final year of his contract - and I think even that fee is being generous.

That's true but given the impact he's made so far there will be other teams taking notice. 

• Like 1

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

I would say £6m/£7m as he will be in the final year of his contract - and I think even that fee is being generous.

Maybe, but if he continues scoring at the rate he is coupled with Swansea getting that promotion moolah, we should be able to squeeze more. Whatever it may be, it will feel alien as we seem to never sell players for an actual fee.

• Like 2

Just now, lexicon said:

10m for Hourihane 🤣 Not a chance. Half would be great.

Well worth 10m if he can provide 15 goal points every season in the Championship.

If you have a midfielder who can provide those numbers it can be the difference between promotion and mid table.

Bruno Fernandes on a smaller scale.

If Swansea are promoted and presuming that there's not a fee already agreed, I think we could around £8m for him if he continues his good form, as I imagine they will be keen to sign him permanently so might be willing to overpay a little. And I only say overpay just because of the fact that he's in his thirties now and in the final year of his contract. In truth getting a player with his stats for less then ten million is a bargain.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Damn.

4 Months older than me.

You are making me feel old.

I had you down as being in your 50's for some reason! 

• Like 1

I think we'd let him go for £5m. He's 30, last year of this contract this summer and cost us next to nothing. He's been a good servant and I don't think we'd do anything to stop a move if e wanted to leave and the price was ok for us. 

• Like 1

On 06/02/2021 at 00:42, Keyblade said:If you're comparing Conor Hourihane to peak Barkley at Everton, then I honestly don't know what to tell you. The old adage of football not being played on paper comes to mind.

With all due respect, and not to disagree with many of your points, but I don’t think anyone is comparing to peak Barkley at Everton.

Go take a look over at Spurs and Gareth Bale.  It doesn’t matter how good you were 5 years ago. You’re only as good as your last few games.

• Like 1

Â