Mixed game tonight for Ireland, passed the ball well most of the night but gave ball away for the Bulgarian goal , 90 mins in him though is only a positive for us

• Like 2

Which game was it where he was (undeservedly) booed off? I've been quite critical of him over the years but it was incredible to see him bounce back from that. Hope he sticks around.

• 2 weeks later...

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Looking like this guy will be a starter this season.

Unless Nakamba massively improves.

Why?

If we sign two wingers then Jack will be moved to the middle to replace Conor.

Who would have thought Conor Hourihane would be about to begin a 2nd Premier League season as a starter for Aston Villa, and almost nobody would be complaining about it? 

Conor Hourihane.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Haha 1
42 minutes ago, Wes said:

Was clearly not happy coming off tonight, but I think between him and McGinn it was the correct call.

Played better than McGinn but we needed Mcginn’s ass to hold up the ball in the final minutes 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Wes said:

Was clearly not happy coming off tonight, but I think between him and McGinn it was the correct call.

Yes I spotted that too and didn't appear to be celebrating the goal whilst briefly on screen, hope its nothing and just frustrated with his own performance. 

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

i hope we have some new players in this week, which means Hourihane is benched.

decent squad player, but shouldnt be in the first 11.

If Ramsey is as good as i think he is, i don't even think Conor would be a decent squad player. If we want Villa to go where we want them to go, Hourihane is nowhere near good enough. Contributes nothing from general play.

• Like 1

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â