Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Huge difference since he has got back in the first XI. Still basically the only bloke apart from maybe Elmo in our squad who can cross a ball.

Konsa has a great cross too, but I'd leave him at CB

I think he's put in a shift and other parts of his game have looked better, but the amount of times he still hits the first man from a set piece or cross has been notable. Given that it's his #1 quality I guess I still expect more, er, quality.

Well done Conor. Put in a real effort for the team and then has that excellent delivery. He wasn’t happy coming off either which is good to see. Smith like a lot of us, doesn’t seem his biggest fan, probably as he knows he can go missing. But when needed Conor has stepped up and all credit to him for that 

On page 3 this thread but I think he deserves lots of credit. Probably our most underrated player and I would imagine we picked up a majority of our points with him starting 

• Like 2

I've noticed as well watching games with no crowds that he does a lot of talking on the pitch and rallying when the intensity drops or so.

He is not our best player but with the system that is now in place, some of his deficencies can be covered for and his qualities are then accentuated. Since lockdown we were a much much better side with him in it.

Credit where it’s due, I’ve been critical of his involvement as we all know he can go missing. But, with him in the team we get better results. He can create goals with that left foot especially from set pieces and also helps Jack out. A vital squad player. 

He's precisely the type of player you want around the club, he's improved as the season has gone on, and again he might be fighting for his place but you know he'll always give everything to try and get to the level required.

The amount of stick this lad gets sometimes is ridiculous. He has been a great signing for us. And we have improved a lot since he came back into the side. He has had to fight the hard way through the leagues to get to the Premier League. Pleased for him.

Edited by The Fun Factory

He is one of my favourite Villa players. His goals and assist have brought me so much delight over the past few years that they are part of my own memories.

He is a big influence in the dressing room and he is very vocal. He has been at this club since the we were trying to find our feet in the championship and next season will be his 5th.

Top professional!

Edited by Reivax_Villa

If we want to avoid another relegation battle then we simply have to have better midfield players starting for us. I have nothing against him, in fact I like him, but he is not good enough. Happy to have him in the squad as injury cover and for cup games but we cannot be relying on him as a first choice player.

• Like 1

Â