Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Has his flaws but there is no denying we create chances when he is in the team. 

With luiz in the form he is, he can make up for any of those flaws. 

Also has the most key passes in the league since the restart. Due to our 2 50 pence headed defenders konsa and hause. 

1 hour ago, PaddytheVillan said:

At the moment he is no doubt our second best central midfielder after Luiz. Loved the commitment to win the header that led to the second goal. Must start all remaining games. 

A sad state of affairs.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Luiz, McGinn and Hourihane is a good midfield and imo should have been the starting midfield all season.

See that is what Conor does. He has a decent game and he sort of tricks you into thinking he could do a job. Then he has 3 games of absolute nothingness. Dont be fooled again. Dont let him do it to you.

He can't tackle. He won't tackle. He can't pass forwards. He has no bite. Worst of all he just so so so slow on the ball and in his mind. He is telegraphed at this level. He is just out of his depth. Well done for rising through the leagues and getting to the PL. Great hard work , a credit to himself. 

He is not a premier league calibre player. Not even close.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Didn't see anything there to be honest. Think we'd look more dangerous with Anwar on the left. 

He got an assist and put in some dangerous crosses. He was also close to scoring. He got an assist at Newcastle too—although I don't remember much about that as I'd had a few by then.

I'm not his biggest fan and see his limitations, but he does often have a hand in us scoring.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

See that is what Conor does. He has a decent game and he sort of tricks you into thinking he could do a job. Then he has 3 games of absolute nothingness. Dont be fooled again. Dont let him do it to you.

He can't tackle. He won't tackle. He can't pass forwards. He has no bite. Worst of all he just so so so slow on the ball and in his mind. He is telegraphed at this level. He is just out of his depth. Well done for rising through the leagues and getting to the PL. Great hard work , a credit to himself. 

He is not a premier league calibre player. Not even close.

The alternatives ain't better.

• Like 2

The lack of intensity in the games after the restart will have helped him somewhat.

The tempo is generally lower, players are not quite playing at 100% and most of them well below that. You have more time on the ball and everyone is less sharp.

It's pre season football.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PaddytheVillan said:

I think this is unfair. He's our second top scorer with the best goals per minute record in the squad. His passing is good and he's been much improved post lockdown, whether starting or from the bench. His set pieces are often worthy of a starting place, especially seeing the crap other players serve up. I think his passing is decent.  He'll never be a great tackler.  

He's a decent player, who may be signed by a lower end Prem club when we go down - eg Burnley or Watford. 

We as fans (and I'd include myself in this) have a bad habit of doing this to players - from Cahill to Westwood. These players often turn out to be decent. I don't rate Trezeguet, but I'm glad he's proving me wrong!

But is he proving you wrong?.....or just having moments in a game. i think he would be better in a better balanced midfield.

they are all inconsistent, hence why many of us change our opinions on them.

30 minutes ago, TRO said:

But is he proving you wrong?.....or just having moments in a game. i think he would be better in a better balanced midfield.

they are all inconsistent, hence why many of us change our opinions on them.

I think we can afford to have Conor in the team if Luiz keeps performing.

• Like 3

Â