Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

17 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

It's getting a bit weird that we haven't announced the lengths of any contracts. Could almost understand when it's new players but it's weird to announce he's signed a new contract with a mystery length

Edit: I'm very happy he's signed a longer deal, I'm surprised people think he won't make it in the Prem. He'll make 20-25 appearances this year and be a decent player for us for two or so seasons

This really bugs me, I think they have only officially announced Jota's and Steer's contract lengths. 

Don't know if anyone more knowledgeable would have an insight why as for the majority of other clubs, this isn't the case?

Honestly though, they need to change the room where they picture players signing.

The box files and cluttered desk behind them really looks unprofessional.....

Maybe they are trying to make it look more personal, but it just looks tinpot to me.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

So very well deserved Conor. Keep improving and rising to the challenges. Lots of players failed to make an impact went we we making signings in the Championship because of the pressure and size of our club, Conor did not! Well done.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Honestly though, they need to change the room where they picture players signing.

The box files and cluttered desk behind them really looks unprofessional.....

Maybe they are trying to make it look more personal, but it just looks tinpot to me.

Its not even a wide screen monitor on the desk, who even uses 4:3 screens anymore?

57 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

It's getting a bit weird that we haven't announced the lengths of any contracts. Could almost understand when it's new players but it's weird to announce he's signed a new contract with a mystery length

Edit: I'm very happy he's signed a longer deal, I'm surprised people think he won't make it in the Prem. He'll make 20-25 appearances this year and be a decent player for us for two or so seasons

I've noticed that it seems more common nowadays.  For example I'm a Sussex cricket club fan and they've stopped announcing the lengths of their contracts since last year.  There must be some reason for it, maybe data protection or something?  It's a bit annoying for fans though as we don't get that peace of mind of knowing that we've got them tied up for x years.

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

I've noticed that it seems more common nowadays.  For example I'm a Sussex cricket club fan and they've stopped announcing the lengths of their contracts since last year.  There must be some reason for it, maybe data protection or something?  It's a bit annoying for fans though as we don't get that peace of mind of knowing that we've got them tied up for x years.

GDPR.

Contract length is personal information.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I can’t believe how poorly people seem to rate him... he’s a really good player. I think he’ll do well in the PL, and I think although he won’t start every game he’ll be very important for us this year. I could be wrong obv, but I’m really hopeful for his new season.

Fully deserved contract but i don't have the blinkers on. Conor is rated just about right. I don't think people here are too harsh. Good for a goal but very flawed player also and gets exposed at this level.

13 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I can’t believe how poorly people seem to rate him... he’s a really good player. I think he’ll do well in the PL, and I think although he won’t start every game he’ll be very important for us this year. I could be wrong obv, but I’m really hopeful for his new season.

I totally agree.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Fully deserved contract but i don't have the blinkers on. Conor is rated just about right. I don't think people here are too harsh. Good for a goal but very flawed player also and gets exposed at this level.

Really? I think he’s really good. His pass and shot are excellent, he’s got a good engine and can run all game, and he can tackle.

Fair enough that we have different opinions though :) 

• Like 1

Congratulations Conor, well deserved new deal. His left peg will provide a very useful weapon for us in the PL. A good guy to have in the squad.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think he might just be one of those players who steps up every time he goes up. I’m sure when he was in League 2 people didn’t think he’d be a good Championship midfielder. He’s never going to be our best midfielder at this level but I think of someone like Leon Osman for years at Everton always being around the first team because he was always a goal threat, even if it was rare you would think of him as a first-choice starter.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Really? I think he’s really good. His pass and shot are excellent, he’s got a good engine and can run all game, and he can tackle.

Fair enough that we have different opinions though :) 

I think Conor is good. Can never understate the importance of his goals and assists in the championship. Glad he has got a new deal. Still think he might struggle a bit at this level, just my opinion.

• Like 1

Â