Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I think he'll be a great punt for Fantasy Football this coming season

Hopefully he won't be starting many games. He was horrendous for Ireland last night against Gibraltar. Made one decent pass in the whole game and even his set piece delivery was generally poor. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Hopefully he won't be starting many games. He was horrendous for Ireland last night against Gibraltar. Made one decent pass in the whole game and even his set piece delivery was generally poor. 

Watched a different game to me, obviously the opposition were poor but thought he was the only player on the pitch confident and able enough to switch play quickly. He had a spell in the second half when he hit 3/4 near perfect crossfield balls in a five minute period. He messed up his only decent free kick opportunity by trying to go under the wall and hitting Duffy but his corners were threatening all night, far better than the couple Brady took when he came on.

Was no more than a steady performance but by no measure could it be described as horrendous.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Wasn't horrendous for me, it was a standard Hourihane performance.

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I think he'll be a great punt for Fantasy Football this coming season

I think we'll be over-priced a bit, because as Sky said : "This is no ordinary playoff winner".

3 hours ago, BOF said:

I think we'll be over-priced a bit, because as Sky said : "This is no ordinary playoff winner".

Maybe... if he's cheap then he'll be a decent midfield filler.

Could say the same about McGinn too. He'll be one of the surprise packages for the rest of the league I imagine.

5 hours ago, villa89 said:

Didn't watch this but i'm sure I saw somewhere he had an 8.5 and MOTM rating? 😕

5 hours ago, villa89 said:

Not one bit of movement Infront of him the whole game , he switched play at times during the game (if pirlo played some of ball cross field the whole world would be raving about the performance),

This Irish team lacks a McGinn/Grealish type player so badly, we all know what Connor is and he is not that 

His midfield partner Hendrick was so poor and offered him nothing, his left wing back Stevens kept giving away possession, his left winger McLean kept drifting in the field to tight areas where there was no pass on , Hogan and mcgoldrick were bloody awful and Hogan was offside every time something opened up, this left one pass to the right wing where Coleman and Robinson worked hard..

For me he was 3rd best player on pitch, not a brilliant display but did very little wrong, to call him horrendous was horrendous in its self 

29 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Didn't watch this but i'm sure I saw somewhere he had an 8.5 and MOTM rating? 😕

Haven’t seen anything higher than a 5.5 tbh.

General consensus seems to be  he didn’t look so effective playing deeper than in previous games.

Which sounded a spookily familiar refrain.

While I’m here, although this wasn’t a point made by you, I would just say to people saying hopefully he won’t be starting, be good off the bench, etc., if he’s not good enough to start, he’s not good enough to be on the bench. We need competition for places in the first team squad. No passengers.

(edit - not that I have ever bought in to the negativity about Conor on these pages.)

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

It's getting a bit weird that we haven't announced the lengths of any contracts. Could almost understand when it's new players but it's weird to announce he's signed a new contract with a mystery length

Edit: I'm very happy he's signed a longer deal, I'm surprised people think he won't make it in the Prem. He'll make 20-25 appearances this year and be a decent player for us for two or so seasons

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 1

Good news that he has signed, he is a valuable asset and player. I don’t expect him to be a key player next season but he will get plenty of game time and be an important squad player, he also seems like a great pro.

Its good to see the club actually on top of these things for once.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Another mind-numbing interview. What about the poets, Connor? The post-Brexit trade deals? 

😆 I was gonna mention.... it really sucks. A part of me dies with every interview. 

Â