Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

Oh dear. Performance to forget but having a go at a player when he is shot of confidence is not great either. He has been  a decent player for us so I don't get all this Hourihane bashing now he is struggling with form. If we have greater depth he would be dropped to get his confidence back, but we haven't.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Hanky said:

Why was he strolling off at 2-0 down? Hardly a way to endear yourself to the fans. Don’t agree with cheering him off but His performances recently have been dreadful. Looks completely shot of any confidence to do anything on the ball, it’s like a hot potato. 

The managers procrastination, hung him out imo.

I thought he was awful today and against Brentford, but the manager, should have dealt with him better.....he should have come off after that woefull error.....his confidence is shot......and worst of all, opposition are well aware.

its poor decision making.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I thought he was awful today and against Brentford, but the manager, should have dealt with him better.....he should have come off after that woefull error.....his confidence is shot......and worst of all, opposition are well aware.

Yep, all Smiths fault. Hanging a big boy like Conor out to dry like he has. 

Its about time we started thinking about the feelings of these multi-millionaires more. Shame on you Dean Smith for playing one of our players who is clearly upset.

You should have played Jedinak instead and given Conor a well deserved break.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Oh dear. Performance to forget but having a go at a player when he is shot of confidence is not great either. He has been  a decent player for us so I don't get all this Hourihane bashing now he is struggling with form. If we have greater depth he would be dropped to get his confidence back, but we haven't.

To be fair I've never been impressed, seems to me others are now seeing what I believe I've always been seeing. 

31 minutes ago, TRO said:

What a strange thing to say. Still suffering a Bruce hangover? You know, the man who can do no wrong and yet **** the club up.

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yep, all Smiths fault. Hanging a big boy like Conor out to dry like he has. 

Its about time we started thinking about the feelings of these multi-millionaires more. Shame on you Dean Smith for playing one of our players who is clearly upset.

You should have played Jedinak instead and given Conor a well deserved break.

I said he should have dealt with it earlier, not your hypebole of all Smiths fault.

He wasn't upset.....his head had gone, way before he was pulled off......should have happened earlier.

Edited by TRO

2 minutes ago, Dick said:

What a strange thing to say. Still suffering a Bruce hangover? You know, the man who can do no wrong and yet **** the club up.

What a stupid comment.....what has Bruce got to do will pulling a player off who's confidence is shot, under Dean Smith.

you can do better than that .....Dick.

Edited by TRO

Smith mentioned how Hourihane didn't need to dive in for that second goal but, after passing Hourihane, Rodriguez still had a defender and keeper to beat. The defender (Elphick) turned his back on the shot - criminal - which resulted in the ball deflecting past the keeper who seemed to go down too slowly although, he did later get subbed because of injury so maybe that hindered him? 

I wasn't at the game so can't comment on his overall performance but I wouldn't blame him for that second goal. 

Don’t get this ‘fans shouldn’t be getting on his back because he is low in confidence’

Let me tell you all, you don’t have to be high in confidence to put in a shift. Letting players run past you and just jogging back is f all to fo with confidence. Lazy as hell if you ask me.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Don’t get this ‘fans shouldn’t be getting on his back because he is low in confidence’

Let me tell you all, you don’t have to be high in confidence to put in a shift. Letting players run past you and just jogging back is f all to fo with confidence. Lazy as hell if you ask me.

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt.... and paradoxically thought the manager should have removed him, (for his own sake, before the frustration set in and the opposition took advantage)....before he did.

However, i see your point and i do have difficulty supporting a player who appears non committed.....The kid was more physically committed.

Edited by TRO

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt.... and paradoxically thought the manager should have removed him, for his own sake, before the frustration set in and the opposition took advantage....before he did.

Yes I understand your point but im talking about the way the majority are defending him . They are using this confidence bs. 

14 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Smith mentioned how Hourihane didn't need to dive in for that second goal but, after passing Hourihane, Rodriguez still had a defender and keeper to beat. The defender (Elphick) turned his back on the shot - criminal - which resulted in the ball deflecting past the keeper who seemed to go down too slowly although, he did later get subbed because of injury so maybe that hindered him? 

I wasn't at the game so can't comment on his overall performance but I wouldn't blame him for that second goal. 

I think he was instrumental in it....if not directly responsible....just pushed the ball in to their path whilst they were gaining momentum.

Â