Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

Another horror show. 

I think the penny has finally dropped with Smith but with McGinn now due a ban Hourihane will no doubt get a reprieve. 

The crowd truly turned on him today though. 

I was in the Upper North Stand he was not booed from where i was, cheered off for the wrong reasons yes but not booed.

If he grew a spine and actually tried to influence the game say receive the ball and turn instead of straight back to the player.  Or maybe go into a tackle to win the ball rather than a fanny like for the 2nd goal today then the crowd would give him respect.  

Local derby and you put in that garbage and let's be honest it's not the first time then you get that treatment from the fans.

Hologram not Hourihane 

Edited by S-Platt

Booing/sarcastically cheering him was harsh, but he was absolute garbage today. We've needed him to take the initiative and distribute the ball in Grealish's absence, but he's retreated into his shell. No amount of goals/assists will make up for his lack of bottle.

Why was he strolling off at 2-0 down? Hardly a way to endear yourself to the fans. Don’t agree with cheering him off but His performances recently have been dreadful. Looks completely shot of any confidence to do anything on the ball, it’s like a hot potato. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hanky said:

Why was he strolling off at 2-0 down? Hardly a way to endear yourself to the fans. Don’t agree with cheering him off but His performances recently have been dreadful. Looks completely shot of any confidence to do anything on the ball, it’s like a hot potato. 

I noticed his slow walk off too. Not the actions of a man that cares about the club or the manager or the fans. I don't think he should play for us again if that is his attitude.

• Like 1

He was really, really poor today. He made a couple of mistakes and then his head dropped. No one works harder than Conor Hourihane to get to three yards away from a player then no closer - it's difficult, players who are naturally aggressive, tacklers and battlers, can get a crowd back onside with a bit of graft, a bit of grit, a tackle, putting their body on the line - Conor hasn't really got that in him, so when the things he's good at aren't going well, he can't escape the criticism of the crowd through other parts of his game. His head's gone at the moment, he looks like he has to think about everything, and nothing is going right. He's a bit lost.

The problem for him is that he's the only person who can do anything about that - it's not a question of an arm around the shoulder from the Holte End, it's a question of the size of your nuts Conor - salvation will not come from without, it's a matter of the strength of his will.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I understood it the year we went down, there were players that were truly disgusting in their attitude. But this isn't that. He is out of form, but come on, if we are turning on a decent player out of form what hope is there for us?

We then gave barry, a bloke who tried to force a move away, a **** standing ovation. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I understood it the year we went down, there were players that were truly disgusting in their attitude. But this isn't that. He is out of form, but come on, if we are turning on a decent player out of form what hope is there for us?

We then gave barry, a bloke who tried to force a move away, a **** standing ovation. 

• Firstly the reserves is the place to get your form back or the training ground and he is a limited player, who is good a somethings and poor at others....in short he is a lightweight, today he was a liability.
  • Gareth Barry give us 12 good years, where it was debatable that we aspired to building a team around him....we simply allowed him to stagnate, so he left to fulfill his aspirations, elsewhere,he couldn't fulfill with us....He recently joined Albion, where he wanted to come back to us, but we wouldn't pay his wages....yet we can pay other wasters that don't play for us like Richards and MCCormack.

I'm glad we found it in us ,to applaud him.

Edited by TRO

35 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Villa Park is one of the hardest places to play at when things are not going well. 

So are all the places, where fans have aspirations.

Â