Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

13 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

This should be investigated for spot-fixing.

said he was trying to find space.lol

someone needs to tell him, its with his body he needs to find it, not the ball

4 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I hate to slate the kid especially as I wanted us to go get him. BUT, he is such a shrinking violet in midfield. He is far too lightweight and not quick enough. As some have mentioned he is also far to left footed which makes him very predictable. I actually think he is an AM period. All the talk about him being comfortable playing out from the back is nonsense. He shits his pants when closed down just like Taylor does. Both of them just look to get rid of the ball anywhere when pressured. That's why I seriously think neither should be in the team. Taylors heads gone(ages ago) and Conor just has no nuts. 

add that to Kodjia who has joined the head gone club and Albert who is equally lightweight and when they all play, that's nearly half the team....we have to get them out of the first 11

• Thanks 1

Glad that pass has been posted.

He's like a politician trying to manipulate the masses. Standing there staring as though anyone should have got near that pass.

Useless throughout, dodging responsibility.

He'll no doubt improve when Grealish comes back. Hope he scores a hat-trick in the playoff final so we can sell him when we go up.

Horrendous.

He makes my eyes bleed. He gets a few assists because he takes the set pieces and people think that's enough but his overall game is woeful and holds us back so much. And despite the assists he does get I think most of his set pieces are poor as well. 

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Even his free kick in the last 20 minutes was a bottle job. It was a let's just go goalkeeper side and nobody will groan if I hit the wall or the Holte.
Never going to score in a billion years but I forced a save, can't blame me!!

Ha, I actually thought that as well! 

Careful to not miss the target, just ram it down the keepers throat so crowd doesn't have a go at him.

Maybe he did try to score, dunno. That's what his actions have done to me. I'm sat there wondering if he's trying to score or if he's doing his usual self-preservation routine.

For 80 minutes he was woeful, he can't deal with any sort of pressure from the opposition, any sort of responsibility to get us going and so he hides.

Last 10 minutes Whelan took it upon himself to start to drive us forward along with McGinn, we started to dominate possession as a team, Utd were forced back and suddenly he's getting on the ball and actually moving it forward with some good balls into the box.

This sums up the problem with him - he basically needs two other midfielders to take the pressure of him. If he is the one needing to run things he simply chickens out of it. He's a good third wheel when you have the likes of McGinn and Grealish taking all the attention from the opposition (as seen by the good run we had when all 3 were playing), and obviously his set pieces are good, but we need players who don't rely on others. 

• Like 1

The foul where he hacked the Sheff utd player down after he ran past him summed him up, he moves like he's running through treacle and rarely ever moves anything fast enough to be ahead of the opposition, be it running or passing. By the time he's played the pass, any space he saw is gone by the time his foot connects with the ball. Even when he had good goal stats, he wasn't having good games When games go by when he doesn't have 'open play' assists or goals, his game is laid out for all to see.

This is why I think Smith needs a substantial amount of time to weed out the likes of Hourihane, but can't at the moment when other options aren't great.

• Like 2

I kept an eye on Hourihane during the second half and I reckon he only kicked the ball once with his right foot. I know most players at this level favour one foot, but his inability to do even the simplest things with his right foot, apart from standing on it, is ridiculous for a professional player.

It effects his entire thinking, as he has to manoeuvre himself to make even the simplest pass with his left foot. It results in slowing down everything that we do through him. He’s just another reason why we can’t implement a fast pass and move game. 

• Like 2

there are some massive flaws with Conner Hourihane.

rapid changes of direction are his biggest weakness. He just can't move. once youre past him he has to give the foul

and he never hits a first time pass, when he does look at the vid above.

can never make up his mind what to do so takes about 15 touches slows the game down. destroys the momentum and either goes square or goes back to centre halves.

Never wants the ball. always hiding. then when he gets it he shits himself and gives it to the nearest guy whether marked or otherwise.

But goals and assists give him the shirt week in week out

• Like 1

He's the very definition of a nothing player until it comes to a set piece, his lack of presence, desire and downright quality in the centre of the park is shocking. I'd be pretty angry if he's still starting for us next season, he's the opposite of the sort of player we need in midfield.

• Like 1

Â