Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

4 hours ago, lexicon said:

Absolute nonsense. 

Westwood contributed nothing. He didn't defend, he didn't attack, he didn't start attacks, sod all assists or goals. An absolute non-entity passenger of player.

Hourihane is not amazing by any stretch of the imagination and he's just as cowardly as Westwood defensively but he actually contributes with goals and assists, takes a good set piece and passes the ball into attacking areas. 

He's currently on 5 PL assists, bagging another one yesterday but I get your point. At least Conor has the stats in his favor which doesn't seem to give him any respite. He, like Westwood is the type of player who does well when the team is doing well and vice versa. But you still need him in the team because who else is going to create something from set pieces even if we're not playing well? 

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He's currently on 5 PL assists, bagging another one yesterday but I get your point. At least Conor has the stats in his favor which doesn't seem to give him any respite. He, like Westwood is the type of player who does well when the team is doing well and vice versa. But you still need him in the team because who else is going to create something from set pieces even if we're not playing well? 

I remember our home game against Wigan which was McGin first game, he assisted two one from a free kick and the othe from a corner.

As there's no comments he can't have done too terrible In today's game. Even though his performance dropped off from the 60th minute or so. Played poorly the last 20. 

I think he had a solid first half, ran a lot, pressed, counted at least 3 sliding tackles. Got surprised be the effort he was puttting in defensively. Same goes for Taylor really. Seems to be improving in that aspect of his game.  Am I alone in this observation/impression? 

Edited by Skruff

6 minutes ago, Skruff said:

As there's no comments he can't have done too terrible In today's game. Even though his performance dropped off from the 60th minute or so. Played poorly the last 20. 

I think he had a solid first half, ran a lot, pressed, counted at least 3 sliding tackles. Got surprised be the effort he was puttting in defensively. Same goes for Taylor really. Seems to be improving in that aspect of his game.  Am I alone in this observation/impression? 

Maybe ....i don't see him press, get close or combative in his work....I think he is passive to the point he is a concern.....great dead ball kicker, but its just not enough.

but more worryingly, its not just him.

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Maybe ....i don't see him press, get close or combative in his work....I think he is passive to the point he is a concern.....great dead ball kicker, but its just not enough.

but more worryingly, its not just him.

To me. That describes his second half  from 60th minute. And quite a few of the performances he's had earlier. Today it seemed to be a lot more fight for the first 45 at least. However if no one else took notice, meh, I'm seeing something that's not there.

Plays great in matches where teams sits back. And he has a bit if extra time on the ball. Sadly no one does that so. 

5 hours ago, Skruff said:

Yeah, he was pretty decent first half to be fair - put himself about a bit and made a cracking tackle against someone when (I think) he’d have backed off previously.

As you say, he faded from then on, but it was one of the better Hourihane displays IMO. 

Has to be the biggest disappointment of our signings in this division. I was really pleased when we signed this guy. Simply doesn’t compete enough.McGinn can’t keep doing the work of two forever. Maybe we could use him as a makeweight in a deal for Lolley. The Irish duo at Forest might fancy him.

21 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Has to be the biggest disappointment of our signings in this division. I was really pleased when we signed this guy. Simply doesn’t compete enough.McGinn can’t keep doing the work of two forever. Maybe we could use him as a makeweight in a deal for Lolley. The Irish duo at Forest might fancy him.

More disappointing than McCormack or Hogan?

• Like 2

On 03/02/2019 at 01:39, Skruff said:

To me. That describes his second half  from 60th minute. And quite a few of the performances he's had earlier. Today it seemed to be a lot more fight for the first 45 at least. However if no one else took notice, meh, I'm seeing something that's not there.

Plays great in matches where teams sits back. And he has a bit if extra time on the ball. Sadly no one does that so. 

unfortunately for us not many in this league.....you have to have players who can FORCE them back.

Edited by TRO

On 04/02/2019 at 10:30, HeyAnty said:

As a footballer, i detest this man. 

Butterfly who is conning everyone, well at least he thinks he is.

How does this bluffer of a butterfly get playing every minute of every game.

Ill get alot of abuse on here for saying this but I honestly think we would be 10 points better off if he never played. Slows the game down so much with his bluffing and puts the opposition on front foot because of it.

• Like 1

Â