Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

He had an awful game. He's far from an awful passer. He let himself and us down but we know he's capable of better. 

Mate he's terrible. He's no bravery on the ball. And his game intelligence won't improve much at his age. 

• Like 1

I always wait for the minimum once per game where he gets muscled off the ball, stands there flailing his arms at the ref like a 12 year old rather than hunt the ball down and try and win it back, while the opposition break down the pitch straight down the middle of us nearly scoring a goal.

He did it today, they nearly scored, the guy is a total liability.

Edited by MaVilla

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I always wait for the minimum once per game where he gets muscled off the ball, stands there flailing his arms at the ref like a 12 year old rather than hunt the ball down and try and win it back, while the opposition break down the pitch straight down the middle of us nearly scoring a goal.

...or when someone is running straight down the middle at him, he doesn't make a tackle, or take the hit but just moves out the way for them. That's his favourite.

edit : or the 'look how hard I am working' going out to press the man run he does, but he just gets there and stands 10ft away and let's them play. Also a favourite.

Edited by rodders0223

I think his assist stats could be equalled or bettered without too much trouble. 

I mean, his set piece delivery has been so bad recently that GLEN WHELAN takes them now when he's on the pitch. 

Yes his goals for stat is good but I would much prefer a midfielder who scores half the goals but actually can pass to his own players in open play, moves the ball forwards positively and isn't constantly out muscled. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

This really annoys me too. Does seem like it happens most games. Not combative enough. Might look good in a YouTube highlights reel but that doesn't showcase any of the huge flaws in his game.

I don't rate the guy. Yes he's got a good set piece and he does chip in with goals, but he's too much of a luxury player. When we're dominating games and Jack is pulling the strings, he's fine. But if he has to really try to influence a game, I'm not sure he has the quality to do it. 

I'm a fan Of hourihane. Thought he was really poor today. He has his faults, the problem is whoever plays beside him doesn't tackle either, so everyone runs through us. If we side a tough midfielder I'd drop bb or whelan before hourihane. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

I'm a fan Of hourihane. Thought he was really poor today. He has his faults, the problem is whoever plays beside him doesn't tackle either, so everyone runs through us. If we side a tough midfielder I'd drop bb or whelan before hourihane. 

Ha Ha .....On the money.

It's not a problem if a goal poacher only scores goals. But when a midfielder only scores goals, it affects the team far more negatively overall.

Conor annoys me. He was shite today, like many other times.

He must be replaced asap, slow, weak and great at losing himself amongst the crowd, albert took a throw yesterday and screamed at him to move, he should have been there zipping to albert as soon as he picked ball up to take throw. He's a massive part of are problem at moment, the amount of times our midfield is ran through and he's just labouring watching them run through is frightening.  

The fact that he got overtaken by the player who scored their second yesterday is truly appalling and something he should be fined for. 

He is sometimes effective from set pieces but offers absolutely nothing in open play. Unfit, slow, and can't play a forward ball. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â