Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I want him in the team as he pops up with goals regularly and has that sweet left foot that is so valuable on set plays, but I don't think he is good enough in a mid three in the long run. As the DCM he is to weak and slow defensively and while he makes some good passes his ball control and passing is not good enough for that role. As for the other MF roles he isn't involved enough in the play imo. 

How about playing him at left back? The defensive issues would still be there, but I wouldn't say he is that much worde than the current full backs. We would get a ball playing left back who can pick out passes, still have his set plays and would probably improve our genereal passing in the build up play. As much as I like Huttons energy, I like the idéa of trying out Hourihane on that position.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter
23 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I want him in the team as he pops up with goals regularly and has that sweet left foot that is so valuable on set plays, but I don't think he is good enough in a mid three in the long run. As the DCM he is to weak and slow defensively and while he makes some good passes his ball control and passing is not good enough for that role. As for the other MF roles he isn't involved enough in the play imo. 

How about playing him at left back? The defensive issues would still be there, but I wouldn't say he is that much worde than the current full backs. We would get a ball playing left back who can pick out passes, still have his set plays and would probably improve our genereal passing in the build up play. As much as I like Huttons energy, I like the idéa of trying out Hourihane on that position.

While he is popping up with goals like he is, he has to play.

rarely is a team balanced perfectly, you can only work towards it.

We can all see Conors shortfalls, but equally we can see his benefits.

new recruits will help with the balance....Conor is a weapon for us...long may it continue.

David Platt was one of them not quite a midfielder, not quite a striker....but how could you leave him out?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of position the entire 2nd half.  Most of his teammates were screaming at him to mark up or come for the ball.  Whelan came on for him because it looked like Deano finally had enough.

He is our best free kick taker, but he doesn't have much else.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This notion that he is a great passer is an absolute myth. Who the **** pulled that one out. He hits the most telegraphed passes you could see. He wouldn't get a look in in any of the current top 6 teams.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

This notion that he is a great passer is an absolute myth. Who the **** pulled that one out. He hits the most telegraphed passes you could see. He wouldn't get a look in in any of the current top 6 teams.

He had an awful game. He's far from an awful passer. He let himself and us down but we know he's capable of better. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, lexicon said:

He had an awful game. He's far from an awful passer. He let himself and us down but we know he's capable of better. 

He is. Even Whelan can play a forward pass into someone's feet once in a while without taking a week to see it, a week to execute it and a week to realise it's been cut out.

He's like BB, can make a million passes 5 yards against the also rans, but ultimately he has neither the vision or ability to be a truly decent midfielder.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not good enough, only creative thing he does is shoot over the bar and occasionally score. Annoys me how he'll throw his arms up and stop playing in important positions when he feels he's been fouled. Play to the whistle man! Whingey, nothing player. Need someone way more assertive in there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

terrible.

Literally the only two mid fielders we have worth a jot is McGinn & Grealish.

Hourihane, BB, Whelan, Jedi, all rubbish in the sense they cant play possession football, and Hourihane at DM is like putting a chocolate teapot in a hot bath.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â