Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

On 21/03/2017 at 18:52, Zatman said:

the way its going with Ireland injuries, he might actually start vs Wales and has every chance to be involved

To take it off topic and non-milky crunch. I hope he doesn't play, as a Welshman. We're well drilled but attacking mids seem to score more against us than actual strikers. Hopefully Neil Taylor keeps up his current form because he's been a bit of a weak link for us as a nation, hence me not being overly ecstatic about him joining the Villa but club football and international football are different things I guess. He's deployed as a wing-back for Wales in a 3-5-2 a lot but doesn't have the attacking qualities, hence the frustration. Glad to be eating humble pie about Neil though. Good on you lad.

I'll take a 7-3 victory with Hourihane getting 2 goals and an assist. 

Cymru am byth!

10 hours ago, Wezbid said:

To take it off topic and non-milky crunch. I hope he doesn't play, as a Welshman. We're well drilled but attacking mids seem to score more against us than actual strikers. Hopefully Neil Taylor keeps up his current form because he's been a bit of a weak link for us as a nation, hence me not being overly ecstatic about him joining the Villa but club football and international football are different things I guess. He's deployed as a wing-back for Wales in a 3-5-2 a lot but doesn't have the attacking qualities, hence the frustration. Glad to be eating humble pie about Neil though. Good on you lad.

I'll take a 7-3 victory with Hourihane getting 2 goals and an assist. 

Cymru am byth!

As a paddy I want him to play but I don't think he'll start.  It would be a debut, in a very important competitive game.  I just can't see O'Neill trusting him, as much as I think he could handle it.  It would be very much against O'Neill's character to do something like that as it would be the biggest football game in Hourihane's career to date.  The only thing that might change that fact is desperation, and tbqh we're not far off desperation stakes in the creative areas from an injury perspective.

9 hours ago, stegzy said:

Looked pretty poor tonight to be honest, hardly involved and when he was he gave the ball away. Did play in a 2 man midfield though which I don't think suites him at all.

Oh no. Another one!!

I wrote this in the ROI thread but for those who mightn't click in there.

Subdued debut for Hourihane. Couldn't get near to taking any set pieces with the more senior Brady & McGeady on the pitch, and Hendrick playing as the more forward of the centre mids. So a less than ideal scenario in which to shine I think. 

13 hours ago, stegzy said:

Looked pretty poor tonight to be honest, hardly involved and when he was he gave the ball away. Did play in a 2 man midfield though which I don't think suites him at all.

He played in a 2 at Barnsley so I don't agree with that. The issue was how deep he was dropping, now that doesn't suit him. 

Â